The Emo Thread

What about Moss Icon, Indian Summer, Evergreen, and the Hated... they predate SDRE but are post Rites of Spring and Embrace

I back Indian Summer. "Angry Son" is one of the best emo/screamo songs of all time. <3

What the hell is wrong with you. I'll admit the first LP was crap, but parrot flies is gold.

It's vice versa for me. I loved the first album, but Parrot Flies didn't do much for me.

Emo Waves:

1st: Rites of Spring, Fugazi, Cap'n Jazz, Friction, Jawbreaker

2nd: Sunny Day Real Estate, Mineral, American Football

3rd: The Get Up Kids, The Promise Ring, Saves The Day, Cursive, Jets to Brazil

4th: Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Dashboard Confessional

5th: Snowing, Algernon Cadwallader, 1994!, Boyfriends

6th: Empire! Empire!, You Blew It!, Two Knights

Gracias!

Hahaha! Just separate it into pre-FOB emo, shitty pop-punk (FOB) emo, emo revival. There you go, 3 distinct waves with the two decent-good ones separates by a couple years of shit, hence the revival tag.

That way nobody is like, "what about this band or that band, why aren't they listed, huh? You're not as emo as I ammmmmm." Etc.

Obviously none of those are exhaustive lists.

Hahaha! Just separate it into pre-FOB emo, shitty pop-punk (FOB) emo, emo revival. There you go, 3 distinct waves with the two decent-good ones separates by a couple years of shit, hence the revival tag.

That way nobody is like, "what about this band or that band, why aren't they listed, huh? You're not as emo as I ammmmmm." Etc.

Simplify it more:

B. FOB or A. FOB

I wasn't aiming to make a definite list, I've just heard bands being classified into waves (this happens with shit like Ska and Hardcore too) but never really knew who fell into what categories. It's been like 10 years since I've read Andy Greenwald's Nothing Feels Good, I was just curious, I'm not trying to incite a VC-riot, geez haha.

I wasn't aiming to make a definite list, I've just heard bands being classified into waves (this happens with shit like Ska and Hardcore too) but never really knew who fell into what categories. It's been like 10 years since I've read Andy Greenwald's Nothing Feels Good, I was just curious, I'm not trying to incite a VC-riot, geez haha.

Haha, we're on the same page, brotha. Everyone just keeps asking, "what about this band, what about this band?" ;)

Norman Brannon (Texas is the Reason, Collect Records), Kevin Duquette (Topshelf Records), Sean Moran (No Sleep Records) and Brian Pacris (The Syndicate, co-host of #EmoNightNYC) discuss the "emo revival"

http://washedupemo.buzzsprout.com/4504/235753-episode-35-cmj-emo-revival-panel