Buy 2, Get 1 Free at barnsandnoble.com (BN.com)

cool. i've also got the opposite thing going with them on another order. the 2 paid records arrived, the freebie (nevermind) is still backordered, but they haven't emailed me asking to cancel or extend yet. good to know they won't be a hassle. thanks.

that happened to me too, and they ended up canceling the free record and sending me another $15 gift card. 

again, this was only after calling them and talking to different customer service people.

I've been reading this thread every now and then. Makes me wonder if the deal is even worth the hassle so many of you have had to go through.

It's worth the hassle if you are not in a hurry to get them and if they deliver all 3 records (or at least a free one). I was willing to wait for mine if it meant that I got 1 album for free.

I received Zep II today. Seems like once they ship, it only takes a day or 2 to arrive which is cool. It arrived in great condition and I will give her a spin later.

Still waiting on I & III... supposed to ship today so we'll see.. fingers crossed.

I've been reading this thread every now and then. Makes me wonder if the deal is even worth the hassle so many of you have had to go through.

Yep. A month later and I think only one record has shipped. They only charge once the item is shipped  so I guess its not that bad as long as you have a little patience.

Yeah, but I'm not great with patience haha

My free record has been shipped, but the others aren't expected to ship for a few more weeks. Do you guys think there'll be any reprecussions for just cancelling my order? Like making me pay for the free one or anything like that? LZ I Deluxe is available to ship on Amazon (which is the main one I'm waiting for) so I was thinking about just cancelling the order and getting it there, but I'm not sure how that would play out haha Or maybe just cancelling that one and waiting out the 3rd one.

Got an email saying I needed to confirm keeping my order open for another 30 days or my order would be cancelled. Since the only record I've received so far is a free one, I thought about just letting it get cancelled and ordering from someone who has it in stock now. But I called them, and they said if any of the records got cancelled that I would be charged for the free record... :( guess I'm waiting until mid-July to see if it actually ships or gets bumped again. O well, I already own OG Zeppelin's so I can wait a little longer.

Got the 1st 3 I ordered quickly. 

Figured I'd roll the dice on Sigur Rós Takk since they had it listed. 

They finally cancelled that on me this AM. 

That would have been kinda awesome and I would have bought a whole grip more. 

I ordered two copies of Dead Man's Bones from them, never got them, order got cancelled. Ordered it again, got cancelled. Ordered it a third time and it came in within a week.

took 2 chats and 2 calls this time, but again i just got more than i was expecting. i made two buy 2 get 1 free orders. in both cases, 1 record was backordered and i received full credit (rather than the 2/3 i was expecting) upon cancelling the item. basically, it became a b1g1 sale. so i ended up getting ok computer, closing time, siamese dream and yankee hotel foxtrot all shipped, including tax, for under $52 total.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, III shows in stock now as well. Guess it's time to get in touch with them...again.

I Deluxe has shown in stock on B&N almost this entire time. I asked them about it and they said the website was wrong, but never really fixed it haha so that might not be a good indication, unless it had said backordered or something before.

I Deluxe has shown in stock on B&N almost this entire time. I asked them about it and they said the website was wrong, but never really fixed it haha so that might not be a good indication, unless it had said backordered or something before.

It said something along the lines of "Backordered, usually ships in 2-3 weeks".

I talked to them.  They said a 3rd party warehouse has it in stock and they will notify them to ship it out to me.  We will see.