PO soon: Earth - Primitive and Deadly

For those who have the vinyl, how is the sound quality? I think even the YouTube songs I've streamed sound good. Production values are awesome.

I've listened to my copy quite a bit and I've been really happy with how it sounds (and the release as a whole).

First off, this vinyl was shipped like a tank, props to southern lord for proper shipping methods. Everything looks amazing, the bronze vinyl is rather noisey in quiet moments but the music overpowers it just fine. Does anyone else's sleeve have what looks like a scrape mark on it? Mine runs from the top down to the middle, only visible in the right light. Looks like it have had something stuck to it and was ripped off leaving a mark? There is also what looks like a water drip mark right next to it? Not a big deal at all, just thought it was strange.

Edit: well southern lord offered to send me a new sleeve, excellent customer service. Really impressed.

First off, this vinyl was shipped like a tank, props to southern lord for proper shipping methods. Everything looks amazing, the bronze vinyl is rather noisey in quiet moments but the music overpowers it just fine. Does anyone else's sleeve have what looks like a scrape mark on it? Mine runs from the top down to the middle, only visible in the right light. Looks like it have had something stuck to it and was ripped off leaving a mark? There is also what looks like a water drip mark right next to it? Not a big deal at all, just thought it was strange.

Edit: well southern lord offered to send me a new sleeve, excellent customer service. Really impressed.

I had a two inch scrape on the top of both sides of the gatefold jacket. Emailed them couple of weeks ago. Sent new jacket yesterday. Thought I was the only one. Great guys indeed.

Just received my bronze copy today and will spin it tonight.  As excellently packed as it was it still had a seam split on the top front of the jacket.  Not a huge deal though.  I have another record with a similar feel to the jacket but just can't remember for the life of me which record it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Earth a couple weeks ago, it was awesome. It was pretty cool hearing "There is a Serpent Coming" without any lyrics. Between songs, Dylan told us that Primitive and Deadly is now the best selling Earth album ever, which I thought was great. I'm loving this album.

A little late on this, but one of my local record stores posted that they've got posters and download cards. I'm going to swing by soon and see if I can grab one of each.

"It is now Earth Month! In celebration of this beautiful planet, the band Earth has a promotion that alongside the purchase of their latest album Primitive & Deadly they will provide a poster and download card. The download card has a b-side from the new album and a featured track from each of their previous albums! Not only does this card provide you with some sweet jams, but it is made of post-consumer junk mail and wildflower seeds. Plant this bad boy after downloading and a pretty flower will grow just for YOU! Be sure to stop by any of our stores to get hooked up with the Earth!"

10669293_10152718453847171_6485090571239

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...