World Cup 2014 Discussion

Sorry but Pepe is a liability and is just lucky you can play anyone next to Ramos.

Also re: Ronaldo in the CL final. He did fuck all, literally could not believe his luck when he got to take a penalty to get on the scoresheet. Still the second best player in the world if you ask me.

Yep and he was basically in fuck it mode during Portugal's match against Germany.

What happened to the USA?

They were playing decent possession football in the last year or so, but then we have this terrible display of football today. The team played horribly. They just sat back the whole time. They were very lucky in my opinion. They need to completely change if they have any hopes of going through.

Bradley played really poorly, he is sort of the engine that makes our possession work. Having Beckerman behind Bradley and Jones wide is also a little different so I'd say that formation is a little new. 

Couple that with the fact the Altidore is our only real option to play up top with his back to the goal. Without him you can't really slow play in the offensive third and wait for something to develop. Even when we were playing better soccer possession and movement through the middle of the field was something we struggled with. 

We also have a long, long, ugly history of getting a goal and then just trying to weather the storm for the next 80 minutes. 

Super stoked to see Mexico not lose, they can definitely pull through out of the group

Yup, they technically pulled the upset by not losing! As long as Mexico doesn't lose they can move on!

Viva Mexico!

Mexican keeper should get some kind of award.

Ochoa should get a bunch of offers now from big clubs, that's kinda an award. Also he's apparently Mexico's saviour now

10401354_735311373178403_731519103802110

Going to the zoo here in Peru in a minute... Hope they have the spain/chile game playing somewhere there.

I just can't wrap my head around the position la Roja put themselves in. I really wasn't expecting them to bring the cup home but a group stage knockout is a very tough pill to swallow. Changes need to be made and I think Pedro and fabregas starting would be the key. Too bad it's highly unlikely that'll happen.

Spain still has a decent shot to move through but they need a result in a big way against a decent Chile squad. Should be good match today. I'm expecting the Dutch to roll over the Roo's. 

The second time though group play is one of the best weeks. Some much riding on a lot of these games!

Edit: Enjoy Peru!

I felt sad watching Spain go out. What a team, possibly the best ever between 2008 and 2012. Iniesta will probably have another WC, as will Pique. They have Koke still to become a regular alongside Fabregas, Morata, Isco, Carvajal, Jese, Illarramendi amongst others (probably) to bring through too so they're far from spent.