MAN ADVICE v2.0

• 1 month later...

sooo i bought 2 tix to see brand new in iowa months ago.. and booked a hotel that i cannot get my money back on. the show is sat, this last saturday the girl I was seeing informed me that she doesnt think its a good idea for her to go anymore and also blew me off on my bday (which she made me take off work for) we had kinda been fighting/shitty towards each other the last couple of weeks but I figured we'd see what happens after this weekend, but guess not. and ow im basically fucked, dont really have any other friends into them... i know crazy. and I feel like shit because of the situation and I wasted so much of my fucking time in someone who refuses to commit. and lol she asked me for her 30 bucks back she gave me for the ticket. Nah bitch you can have that back in hell. end rant.

daaaaaaaamn, T! Sounds like a lot of un-necessary drama. Just give her back the ticket and she can worry about selling it, or give her the $30 and re-sell the ticket for 3x the cost and keep the profit.  I would totally still go and have a blast, then rub her face in it. I'm really sorry you have to deal with that craziness though.  :unsure: Drama sucks. 

Yeah, flip the ticket and you may even come out ahead.

That's fucked though, I'm sorry. BUT, it's probably for the best that she ended things now instead of after. Either going to the show could have filled you with false hope, making it that much worse when she did end it, or you would have fought and had a miserable time.

Yeah, flip the ticket and you may even come out ahead.

That's fucked though, I'm sorry. BUT, it's probably for the best that she ended things now instead of after. Either going to the show could have filled you with false hope, making it that much worse when she did end it, or you would have fought and had a miserable time.

ohhh yea, I already had false hope until a couple weeks ago. she had told me she wanted to work towards something more then i brought it up again and she was like nah. And said that just shows you how all over the place I am. and idk if i can flip the ticket. it was all will call..... and I have to drive 4 hours to fucking iowa

ohhh yea, I already had false hope until a couple weeks ago. she had told me she wanted to work towards something more then i brought it up again and she was like nah. And said that just shows you how all over the place I am. and idk if i can flip the ticket. it was all will call..... and I have to drive 4 hours to fucking iowa

See if any cool people online (Twitter, Reddit, VC, CL, etc.) would be willing to go with you and split the travel expenses and the ticket. I've done it before. I'm sure you can find a cool BN fan online and get a good concert buddy out of the deal. Replace the shebeast with a future buddy. They'll love you for it, and take your mind off the bullshit of the situation.

'HAVE EXTRA TICKET TO BRAND NEW. NEED A SHOW BUDDY.'

Hey guys,

I have an extra ticket to see Brand New in Iowa tonight. Want to go? Let's do this shit.

Since the tickets are attached to my name at will call all you have to do is ride with me to the venue. Hit me up with some details like how much you love Brand New and live shows so I can make sure we can have cool convos on the 4 hour drive from xxxxxx. All that is expected is for you to pay for the price of the ticket and be a badass.

--

Something like that'll work. Me and my friends used to do that when we didn't have a lot of show buddies who were down for road trips. Good luck!

See if any cool people online (Twitter, Reddit, VC, CL, etc.) would be willing to go with you and split the travel expenses and the ticket. I've done it before. I'm sure you can find a cool BN fan online and get a good concert buddy out of the deal. Replace the shebeast with a future buddy. They'll love you for it, and take your mind off the bullshit of the situation.

'HAVE EXTRA TICKET TO BRAND NEW. NEED A SHOW BUDDY.'

Hey guys,

I have an extra ticket to see Brand New in Iowa tonight. Want to go? Let's do this shit.

Since the tickets are attached to my name at will call all you have to do is ride with me to the venue. Hit me up with some details like how much you love Brand New and live shows so I can make sure we can have cool convos on the 4 hour drive from xxxxxx. All that is expected is for you to pay for the price of the ticket and be a badass.

--

Something like that'll work. Me and my friends used to do that when we didn't have a lot of show buddies who were down for road trips. Good luck!

i was thinking the very same. it could be a really cool experience for both of you. plus brand new.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think the last time I brought up a situation of my own around here, it was about one of the bridesmaids in my friends' upcoming wedding, and how my first worries were "she's incredible but I know I'll blow it"

Saw her for the first time since we met on Sunday, while out celebrating mine and others birthdays. We got very chatty very quickly, and not long after, I blacked out hard. Came to several hours later upon realizing that id left my phone in an uber that I don't remember taking (it was later revealed that I also left my debit card at a bar that I don't remember going to). At this point, people had gathered back at my place, and I was slowly starting to put the pieces together while also being belligerent. She left shortly after this, and all I could do was shake my head at how much of a buffoon my friends all told me I was being. I remembered slivers of the day.. With one of them being the point when i kissed her. Except I don't remember anything leading up to it, or the response. Shit.

So I messaged her that night saying I was sorry about how bad I got and that I wanted to see her again- she was actually pretty cool about it, and was early in sending me a happy birthday message. Seemed like I was still in good standing, but the fact that I remembered SO little from the day had me all sorts of embarrassed/worried. So last night I spent nearly an hour crafting a message for her, and I was so hesitant to send it, because I couldn't tell if it was poetic or totally corny. After finishing it, I probably spent 10 minutes unable to hit the send button. But I did, and went to bed. Since it was on Facebook, I was able to see that she saw it at 3 am.

All day went by, and of course I was glued to my phone. Nothing.

Finally, I'm sitting here on my break, and I get a message saying that it was the sweetest apology she's ever received, and that she took so long to reply because she simply didn't know how to.

You guys. I cannot blow this. Don't let me blow this. She's amazing.

I feel bad and like a hypocrite giving this advice, but maybe don't drink so much next time.

My girlfriend and I drank way too much and got in an "I never want to see you again" fight on cinco de mayo that sprang from literally nothing but being too drunk to function. Everything is ok now, but it was scary.

Oh I know. Believe me. After drinking from like 1 pm to 4 am the day before, we started around noon, and I literally hadn't eaten anything. So it only took a couple hours for me to be on my ass.

I feel bad and like a hypocrite giving this advice, but maybe don't drink so much next time.

My girlfriend and I drank way too much and got in an "I never want to see you again" fight on cinco de mayo that sprang from literally nothing but being too drunk to function. Everything is ok now, but it was scary.

i usually disagree with everything bruce says, but this is sound advice. seen some and have been in some pretty messed up fights/arguments that would never have happened if it were not for the excessive use (abuse) of alcohol. very hard if not impossible to repair all of the damage.

So I think the last time I brought up a situation of my own around here, it was about one of the bridesmaids in my friends' upcoming wedding, and how my first worries were "she's incredible but I know I'll blow it"

Saw her for the first time since we met on Sunday, while out celebrating mine and others birthdays. We got very chatty very quickly, and not long after, I blacked out hard. Came to several hours later upon realizing that id left my phone in an uber that I don't remember taking (it was later revealed that I also left my debit card at a bar that I don't remember going to). At this point, people had gathered back at my place, and I was slowly starting to put the pieces together while also being belligerent. She left shortly after this, and all I could do was shake my head at how much of a buffoon my friends all told me I was being. I remembered slivers of the day.. With one of them being the point when i kissed her. Except I don't remember anything leading up to it, or the response. Shit.

So I messaged her that night saying I was sorry about how bad I got and that I wanted to see her again- she was actually pretty cool about it, and was early in sending me a happy birthday message. Seemed like I was still in good standing, but the fact that I remembered SO little from the day had me all sorts of embarrassed/worried. So last night I spent nearly an hour crafting a message for her, and I was so hesitant to send it, because I couldn't tell if it was poetic or totally corny. After finishing it, I probably spent 10 minutes unable to hit the send button. But I did, and went to bed. Since it was on Facebook, I was able to see that she saw it at 3 am.

All day went by, and of course I was glued to my phone. Nothing.

Finally, I'm sitting here on my break, and I get a message saying that it was the sweetest apology she's ever received, and that she took so long to reply because she simply didn't know how to.

You guys. I cannot blow this. Don't let me blow this. She's amazing.

One day at a time bro. Probably chill on the heavy drinking, that could've ended bad. I overthought EVERYTHING with Candace at first but after awhile it becomes second nature.

There are fewer things I hate more than having to ask my friends to fill me in on what happened the night before. And when I get drunk, 99.9% of the time, I'm nothing short of an energetic ball of fun. Even while that was mostly the case on Sunday, it was just a brutal combination of the previous day's alcohol, and finally getting a slice of pizza in me hours after we began drinking. Plus it was at a brewery, so of course I was sampling all the IPAs.

And I had absolutely no idea I was so drunk. It just hit me so hard, so quickly, that it was like flipping a switch.

But she and I have plans to catch a comedy show next week. !!!

And of course, Will- all the best to the two of you taking this next step together. Thrilled to see you finally went through with it!