MAN ADVICE v2.0

If I'm ever single again I'm eating a whole cheese bread on every first date. Might as well show them what to expect out of the relationship right off the bat.

YESSSS!!!!! I would also like to send this message to all future boyfriends/girlfriends/people in general. 

giphy-15.gif

Never been on an actual date. But the girl I'm seeing will eat all her chipotle. (I can never) and then will go ahead and eat the rest of mine as well. Always somewhat surprised by the amount of food that she can assume. But I deff wouldn't judge a girl by how much she eats on a first or any date... Or not date

I don't understand "never been on a date" before, as in, whats the definition of a date?

I mean.... I feel like a date is something you go do with someone you want to be like romantically involved with or something. Idk... I've just never considered anything I do a date. I've been hanging out with this chick for almost a year and we go get food hang out and do normal people things all the time. But none of its ever been labeled as a "date" until kinda recently I guess.. Which I don't even understand. We do date like things but it hasn't been a date so idk why it would be labeled that now... Idk this probs doesn't make sense. So I guess I'll say that ive never been out with like some random person to get dinner er whatever.

I've tried to stay friends with exs and it's never really worked. In general we'd talked and hang out and would really try to make it work, but in the end all effort just dies and one of us moves on. Honestly I feel this is because I don't think I've ever dated anyone from within my core social circle.Sometimes I wonder that I'd be more successful in finding a lasting romantic relationship if I did start dating someone within my circle, then again I'm more afraid of the inherent awkwardness that could happen should things not work. For example, most recently some friends and I went bowling and randomly an ex of mine was there with her new fling and another couple I hadn't met before. This was the most recent ex and we were honestly at the point where we have cordial conversations every now and again. She'd check in with me and vice versa. Anyways, my friends and I are at a table having drinks and waiting for our lane to open up. She comes over to say hi, give me a hug, etc. I introduce her to my friends and she introduces me to her new fling. We share some jokes about how funny it would be if we got a lane next to each other and low and behold, Loki must have heard this because not 5 minutes later I was setting up bowling in the lane next to my ex. We all share a nice laugh and try to make idle small talk which gets weird because her new beau asks me where I knew her from. I just said that we've been friends for like 3 years now and leave it at that. The rest of the night has me trying to fight off the awkwardness of it all. When they were done, she said bye and that it was nice to see me and left. 

I'm updating my okcupid account to include an minimum and maximum amount of calories I expect in a match. Can't risk going on a date with someone who would exceed her maximum daily caloric intake.

Lol. This made my day.

maximum daily caloric intake=more cushion for the pushin'

This further made my day.

YESSSS!!!!! I would also like to send this message to all future boyfriends/girlfriends/people in general. 

giphy-15.gif

I have such a girl crush on kristen wiig. She's too funny.

The last guy i dated briefly was really into bread. When he would go to parties he would go buy a baguette from Panera for everyone to indulge and enjoy.  Too bad it didn't work out because if that isn't husband material I don't know what is.

I don't trust people who dislike bread/cheesy bread

Since it's still being discussed..

When someone in here can convince me that they are 100% altruistic in their judging of dates based on only their inner qualities, I'll put some stock into it if they give me shit for that comment. In the real world, we all judge dates based on whether they smoke, have a crooked nose, dirty teeth, are overweight, and a whole bunch of other stuff the Disney movies say don't matter but we all care about. My comment was no different.

I think the difference is that you made it sound like it was a bad thing, in general, to be eating whatever she was eating.  You don't have to be attracted to someone who eats a lot, just make sure when you're explaining why you don't like someone, you don't put down anyone else who may also enjoy said thing.

I have such a girl crush on kristen wiig. She's too funny.

The last guy i dated briefly was really into bread. When he would go to parties he would go buy a baguette from Panera for everyone to indulge and enjoy.  Too bad it didn't work out because if that isn't husband material I don't know what is.

I don't trust people who dislike bread/cheesy bread

God I love bread!!!!!!!

Lebowski, I totally get wanting to be with someone who shares the same health goals as you, I don't think anyone is disputing that. It was just the way you made it seem like such a shameful thing.

Lebowski, I totally get wanting to be with someone who shares the same health goals as you, I don't think anyone is disputing that. It was just the way you made it seem like such a shameful thing.

This feels like a more sane and accurate assessment and reply then immediately going at the misogyny angle. This is actual advice! Yeah!