MAN ADVICE v2.0

I've only ever dated girls my height or a few inches taller. I'm actually dating a girl shorter than me for the first time ever. It's pretty dope.

I don't give a fuck about anything, so height has never mattered to me. There are definitely a ton of dudes out there who would never date a girl taller than them. So I guess that info would be useful for some people.

I love petite girls.  Like 4' 11" - 5' 2", but I've dated a few amazonian women too.  It's just a preference, not a deal breaker.

I have know idea how to translate your height measurements into something I'd be able to understand. I'll just continue to assume you're all midgets, which is fun.

I also couldn't care less about height. Short girls tend to be cute though, I second that.

Well the poster above you said 6'1 and 4'11 so did you ever see the movie Twins? That's pretty much a good way to visualize the height difference there.

I could list the another annoying things I see on women's online dating profiles.

Dear online dater,

I find the following things irritating:

• "Go <insert region-appropriate sports team name here> !" is not a personality trait.
  • Nobody wants to go through the process of elimination to figure out which one of the rotating cast of you + 2 friends is you. (spoiler--it's the least attractive one)
  • That picture of you in front of some exotic city skyline.
  • That picture of you overdressed standing in front of that E!-looking branded red-carpet backdrop thingy
  • That picture of you on top of some kind of mountainish looking rock formation.
  • That picture of you with some dude.
  • Family oriented--what does this even mean?

• "Go <insert region-appropriate sports team name here> !" is not a personality trait.
  • Nobody wants to go through the process of elimination to figure out which one of the rotating cast of you + 2 friends is you. (spoiler--it's the least attractive one)
  • That picture of you overdressed standing in front of that E!-looking branded red-carpet backdrop thingy
  • That picture of you on top of some kind of mountainish looking rock formation.

Maybe you should message these women to let them know, I'm sure they'd appreciate your honesty

<p>

I could list the another annoying things I see on women's online dating profiles.

Dear online dater,

The one that bugs me is that it seems like a ton want to describe themselves as feminists, which I think is as attractive to most guys as it is to describe yourself as "macho" to a girl. Just be a good person to everyone regardless of gender.

The one that bugs me is that it seems like a ton want to describe themselves as feminists, which I think is as attractive to most guys as it is to describe yourself as "macho" to a girl. Just be a good person to everyone regardless of gender.

Must be a regional difference.  I don't recall seeing that one too often.  Probably because I live in a hyper liberal city where 'feminist' is sort of the default.  That said, I think your definition of feminism is a bit off.

Maybe you should message these women to let them know, I'm sure they'd appreciate your honesty

I'm well aware that my opinion is worthless.  They could throw pictures of baboon anuses and quote Hitler and it likely would not impact the number of inquiries they receive.   I mostly just look at this stuff to remind myself of how dull most people are.

Calling yourself a feminist, ie. believing in equality between men and women = macho? Weird. Really weird that that even comes to your mind. Obviously it would be ideal if all men treated women as equals and there was no use for "feminism", but we live in a patriarchal society, so that's not how things work, and therefore, feminism exists. Until every human being on the planet is a feminist (equality of the sexes), the term is going to exist, and for good reason.

There's nothing bad or wrong about that last sentence he wrote.

Feminism today is pretty much a two-sided camp. There's the equalism side of things, which is what it's supposed to be. Then there's some brats making big waves by calling it feminism to be oppressive to the male gender. Those are few, but unfortunately those are the ones generating the highest attention in today's media. Eventually this might lead to feminism being considered as a bunch of man-hating, false rape accusing individuals. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

And maybe that's where the idea of feminism being negatively connoted comes from.

Feminism today is pretty much a two-sided camp. There's the equalism side of things, which is what it's supposed to be. Then there's some brats making big waves by calling it feminism to be oppressive to the male gender. Those are few, but unfortunately those are the ones generating the highest attention in today's media. Eventually this might lead to feminism being considered as a bunch of man-hating, false rape accusing individuals. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

And maybe that's where the idea of feminism being negatively connoted comes from.

I started to reply to this, but...wow...it takes more energy than I have right now.

More or less this (although I don't think the R word belongs in the discussion at any level).

I understand the formal definition of a feminist. I think that someone who feels the need to call that out in a profile being read exclusively by men sees things as a battle of the sexes vs. someone who goes about their life and treats everyone equally. I find that unattractive. Maybe my read on the type of person is incorrect, but that is online dating. You judge people based on what they write.

"Macho" is also not an inherently bad quality in a male. You can be very masculine without hurting or demeaning anyone else (Ron Swanson is pretty macho). It does have a stigma associated with it, which is why some females would look negatively on a guy who described themselves that way. Others would be attracted to it. Whatever.