MAN ADVICE v2.0

I always go to the local French Bakery in town and get a loaf for the weekend. Then proceed to devour it in many forms, toasted, warmed, french toasted, sammiched, slathered with cheeses/salty cured pork bits, etc.

Also at restaurants, is there ever anything better than unlimited warm crusty bread with butter? 

I love bread.

And coffee.

Today someone asked what I was drinking and I was like "coffee. My one true love." They laughed and I follwed up by yelling "IT WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN!!!!"

I truly hope you never experience a bad cup of coffee. That shit is devestating.

I mean I still drink it all but that shit'll ruin your day.

I'm taking a break from that site.. been on about 25 different dates since late November and each one ended with the i'm just not feeling it line. Sometimes it was her sometimes it was me. It gets completely weakening after a while. 

That being said all the best Lebowski! 

yeah, this.  I deleted tinder cause it got so trite and always the same.  but now I sit here and there's no one to text or think about except for people who don't want to hang out with me and it's so saddddddd

i'd be interested to see how drastically all the comments on the last couple pages would change if my name went back to Ry Bread.

I can't keep anyone on here straight these days. But I still feel the same way knowing it's you. I don't think it matters and I don't think the discussion stopped because it was revealed it was you. It was just exhausting seeing an argument go around in circles.

I truly hope you never experience a bad cup of coffee. That shit is devestating.

I mean I still drink it all but that shit'll ruin your day.

Every now and then I'm multi tasking too much around the house and I discover the keurig has coffee I forgot I brewed an hour ago...Well of course I chug it because its there and I do need caffeine, but man does it taste bad!

Had a pretty nice date on Wednesday. She left for Kansas the next day, I leave for San Diego for 2 weeks tomorrow. So just texting occasionally for a couple weeks. Not a bad thing. It takes me a little while to warm up to girls and it kinda forces me to do that (versus just going on a date or two and saying "it's OK but not feeling it enough and gonna keep looking.")

I think I might need some advice, most likely from the female perspective... how can I summarize this without going on too long...

I've got this girl who I'm starting to realize it sketchy who keeps writing me email excuses of why she can't hang out... long story how this situation became to be, but we were sorta friends/acquiantances, she lived across the country for a bit, but we'd keep in touch w/ emails and skype...

She recently moved back to town under seemingly sketchy circumstances... she doesn't reveal much but I know that she had money saved up to travel (about $4k) and somehow that and her passport disappeared and she moved back to town, says she has no phone and has to sell her car...  all I know for sure previous to this is she dated a guy who did fucking heroin.  Claims he wasn't a needle-user but after listening to the Harris Wittels podcast, can't help but think that's bullshit.  She confided in me that she'd been giving the guy money and paying his rent and stuff and she was like 'I don't know if I'm being used, etc...'  sounds like a shitty and also mental situation. Now I can't help but wonder how she got into this current situation and worry they might be a drug user themselves, in which case I do NOT want to hang out... so anyways I haven't gotten to the meat, that's just a bit of recent history/background info.

So this past christmas before the move back she was visiting family and would call me and make plans to hang out daily. Everyday she would sketch out, then I would go 'okay I guess I got shafted,' then I'd hear from her again and she's tell me lame excuses, like 'I was drinking and so the next day I couldn't function.' and she would do this ALL the time, literally daily... and has done it to me many many many times before... I've heard her say 'I'm so hungover, I quit drinking' so many times.  So then she makes a plan and tells me to get up early and we'll go for a hike, so I get up early, I get ready, look at my phone, nothing, go back to bed, and wait with the phone beside me, nothing, next day nothing... a month goes by since a get stood up, literally an entire month I hear nothing back after waking up that day, trying her number later on that day, no answer, no reply, and then gave up on it.  I didn't initiate contact after that, at this point I was done. Over it.  ... til a month later I get a 'sorry' email saying basically...

'I chose to do some unimportant bullshit instead of following through on a plan I made that I repeatedly cancelled...' okay that wasn't said, but basically what I am hearing at this point after being sketched out on so many times.  There is a history of this behavior.  Then something like 'I left town a few days earlier than I thought, and sorry you didn't hear from me until now, but now I'm moving back so we can hang out!'  Like as if nothing had ever happened.

But can we though?  She sucked the idea of fun out already and I don't want to hang out and I'm probably moving in like a month and a half soooooo....   basically I feel like I was put on the backburner cause I'll 'always be around' so I made it clear that isn't the case.  Now this, she's been writing me emails on average of every 3 days for a month straight going:

'I can't hang out today because [laundry list of lame excuses] and I can't call cause all my money disappeared and I don't have a phone, but I can borrow a phone I'll call you tonight' next day 'sorry I didn't call and blah blah, lame excuse after lame excuse.' K yeah I know, but seriously these excuses are wearing on me, but it's not fully that...

Then I'll get another email that's like 'I didn't do all the stuff I said was going to do, so I need to do that...'

So we didn't hang out at all on x-mas break, and I still haven't seen her after an entire month now.  But I continue to get emails.  I guess as long as I reply politely enough I will continue to get these emails?

So I'm getting realy tired of this because I'm not initiating any of this stuff... I just get an email every 3 days saying why they can't hang out... this situation would make sense if I was pestering them to hang out but I'm not even.  I feel like I should reply cause in a way I feel bad this person might be going through tough times... but I guess my question is like, why would a girl do this?

Why would a girl keep making plans and breaking them with excuses, when I've been like'okay well just get ahold of me when you can hang out'  I never know what to say, and I'm almost at the cusp of telling her off.  Like 'stop writing to me, it's obvious you have priorities, we won't be hanging out, I'm moving, have a nice life.'  But then, I don't want to be mean, but I just don't get it, why continue to write me over and over, and I kept leaving opportunities open for her to prove that she would eventually come thru, but she never does.  I just can't shake this feeling that there's a reason why she's so unreliable and sketchy, yet so persistent.

I just keep getting excuse emails in my inbox and its becoming painfully obvious that something is up, I just don't know what... no one is that bad at making a plan.  I've met people who are full of excuses, but never in this way.

If I wrote you an email every few days going 'today I have to do these things, but lets hang out, eventually.' and then kept doing that and the hangout never materialized, you'd eventually be like 'k fuck off, quit emailing me stupid updates about boring shit, you never come thru and we're never gonna hang out, you're sketchy and weird, I don't know what you want, but I can't ask you, or tell you or, so I just have to smile politely and respond without being rude'

So I guess I felt a little jilted, but now it's almost infuriating, like I don't even want to hang out because the repeated excuses have caused this built up animosity and its like 'really? you're still doing this, just leave me alone, I don't want to hang out, there's something sketchy going on with you and you need to figure that shit out and learn how to prioritize and quit writing me until you get your shit together.'

K guys and girls, have at it... any insight?  How bad do I sound? I know it probably sounds bad at parts and I can take critisism.

Most importantly, any womanly advice on how to deal with this person and possibly let them down easily, but also in a lets face reality type of way?  

As in, something like, 'look, we either hang out,or we don't, it's not that hard.  quit emailing me laundry lists of excuses, its tiresome.'  see I'm no good at this... or I could go harsh?  Like 'you've made and broken so many plans, made so many various excuses that I don't even want to hang out.  Don't bother writing to me I won't write back.  Maybe if you got real, but it's already painfully obvious that isn't going to happen.'  Hahah shit I'd be good at being a jerk if I wanted to.  Damn homie, makes me feel bad to even think this way.  I hate this position I've been put it, it's almost like I can either be a stupid fucking doormat, or grow some sack and take-no-nonsense.  Maybe this person would benefit from some tough love?  Should I just stop replying?  I don't like the idea of leaving things unresolved, but I also don't like being treated like my time is less important, and that I'm a back up plan in case everything else falls though.  It's been going on for long enough that it's starting to really bother be where I'm at a point like 'okay its time to say something, and be real about it.'

No where near a female perspective, but if she's been doing this to you for more than a couple weeks you should have cut the ties and moved on or at least told her "When you are actually ready to hang out and not cancel on me, call me and let me know" It really just sounds like she's been stringing you along. 

No need to be rude or mean about it, just be up front with her and put your feelings about it first. No one ever has time for these kind of shenanigans.

Short answer: I'm sorry that you've let this go on for so long. If I were you I would cut her out of my life. You're not even dating and things are already this complicated? Imagine when sex and real feelings are involved. What a mess. She sounds like she has some things in her life she needs to figure out. It's not your job to save anyone, especially the person you're dating.

No where near a female perspective, but if she's been doing this to you for more than a couple weeks you should have cut the ties and moved on or at least told her "When you are actually ready to hang out and not cancel on me, call me and let me know" It really just sounds like she's been stringing you along. 

No need to be rude or mean about it, just be up front with her and put your feelings about it first. No one ever has time for these kind of shenanigans.

I've said almost literally this exact line and nothing changes.

Short answer: I'm sorry that you've let this go on for so long. If I were you I would cut her out of my life. You're not even dating and things are already this complicated? Imagine when sex and real feelings are involved. What a mess. She sounds like she has some things in her life she needs to figure out. It's not your job to save anyone, especially the person you're dating.

Totally. Nope not even dating, mostly was going to hang out as friends and as for a relationship beyond that... there might have been potential before I knew that she recently dated a herion-user.  YIKES.  She claimed he didn't use needles, but she could be lying, or he could have been lying to her. All of which equates to zero fucking chance of sex.

Don't even respond to her anymore. She's doing this shit because she knows she can get away with it and you'll still talk to her.

Wow. That sounds incredibly exhausting and annoying. I have no idea how one would decently handle that situation, because I would probably ignore her emails and never respond in hopes that I never get an email from her again. 

I made it like one paragraph before being like "SEVER ALL TIES" but then there were somehow way more paragraphs.

You shouldn't be friends with someone who treats you like that, let alone trying to date them.

Just send an email like "Peace out"

Overwhelming turn out... reading these replies I now realize I have become 'that guy.'  I am the sponge who 'will always be there.'

I think if she ever does come around, I'll probably just be like 'Nah, I don't even want to hang out anymore, you sucked the fun out of it long ago by making tons of excuses and sketching out repeatedly.'