Discussion Regarding Posting Guidelines/Ground Rules

Someone from here brought donuts to my doorstep when I was just fresh out of my newb phase. Being nice and learning how to appropriately react with other people has rewards!

Anywhere you go, there will always be jokes made at the expense of new people. None of it is done with malicious intent and that's usually pretty clear. People will always take stuff the wrong way. Not everyone will get along. Just the way the cookie crumbles.

Then you collect the crumbs in a record bowl.

youve also got records, books, buttons...

I was saying that is why action was taken, not whether a ban was appropriate. I agree with you, I think a warning would have got it done in this case and is probably a good starting point. 

And yes, I also expect no one would get banned or warned for posting boobs in a boob thread. We can have a discussion about whether or not those threads are appropriate but they aren't exactly analogous to the ban that started this discussion in the first place. I was trying to separate the two and tackle the issues individually. 

I understand that.  This thread was to discuss guidelines and Logan mentioned sexism, so I piggybacked that with my thought on those threads based on that topic.

It says guidelines but this should also be a "make this a better place" discussion. If something is bullshit then call it out. 

The easiest solution would be to ban Blink Threads. Then it would be all kittens and rainbows around here. Seriously, I get a sick pleasure reading the misery that takes place in there. I can see why the tone of those threads inspires people to pile on. 

Someone from here brought donuts to my doorstep when I was just fresh out of my newb phase. Being nice and learning how to appropriately react with other people has rewards!

Anywhere you go, there will always be jokes made at the expense of new people. None of it is done with malicious intent and that's usually pretty clear. People will always take stuff the wrong way. Not everyone will get along. Just the way the cookie crumbles.

Then you collect the crumbs in a record bowl.

all da donuts <333

Feel like this should be included in the discussion for when people start to get straight up malicious. Just a reminder of HOW WE DO ON THE VC.

It says guidelines but this should also be a "make this a better place" discussion. If something is bullshit then call it out. 

The easiest solution would be to ban Blink Threads. Then it would be all kittens and rainbows around here. Seriously, I get a sick pleasure reading the misery that takes place in there. I can see why the tone of those threads inspires people to pile on. 

Isn't it already all kittens and rainbows? ;)

youve also got records, books, buttons...

You weren't supposed to spill that this place is my sugar daddy front, goooosh.

Also, some of those things were gifts due to services (of the not sexual kind) and others were just lovely gifts. Y'all rule and I hate that this place has been such a mess lately.

I think we need a huge group hug.

Also: I think we have consensus that runaway gif-trolling needs to tone down with a warning and that thread-locking is taking place too quickly.

To offer perspective on behalf of the Mods - you get notices every time someone reports something. I have no doubt that some things got locked to simply offer a bit of peace. I quit modding because when I was in a crazy down time mourning the loss of my cousin I was getting non-stop reports of people arguing over total nonsense. It is thankless. I am not saying they are 100% right all the time in their actions but understand that they aren't paid and that sometimes the gig asks a lot more of you then it should. No matter how many mods this place has there will always be instances like this. 

I'm a noob and I've gotten along with everyone pretty well. I haven't had anyone be rude to me. I try and stay polite with everyone and search a whole thread before asking a question to see if it has been answered. I think maybe because I'm new, I don't want to step on anyone's toes? But I can see how posting rules and guidelines could be helpful for the newbies.

I'm a noob and I've gotten along with everyone pretty well. I haven't had anyone be rude to me. I try and stay polite with everyone and search a whole thread before asking a question to see if it has been answered. I think maybe because I'm new, I don't want to step on anyone's toes? But I can see how posting rules and guidelines could be helpful for the newbies.

You are a star newbie.  I enjoy you.