Right outside of Philadelphia is the Drake Tavern.

2nd and Allegheny Burger:

Angus Burger, Jalapeño-Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Tortilla Chips, and Roasted Red Pepper Aioli on a pretzel bun topped with a fried jalapeño.

It was probably one of the best burgers I've ever had. Supposedly it's the 2nd best in the Philadelphia area.

Right outside of Philadelphia is the Drake Tavern.

2nd and Allegheny Burger:

Angus Burger, Jalapeño-Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Tortilla Chips, and Roasted Red Pepper Aioli on a pretzel bun topped with a fried jalapeño.

It was probably one of the best burgers I've ever had. Supposedly it's the 2nd best in the Philadelphia area.

That burger sounds incredibly delicious!

Whataburger is probably my favorite burger. I think a #1 with cheese, only mayo combo with a Dr. Pepper is the meal I've had most often in my life.  I don't like living almost 2000 miles away from the closest one.

Also, green chile cheeseburgers are where it's at. It's mostly a New Mexico and Colorado thing, but green chile makes everything better.

ever have the green chile burger from Whataburger?? makes my mouth water just thinking about it

I've been loving the fried eggs on burgers lately.

3AM burger at Big Daddy's in Austin is pretty epic. Hatch green chiles + cheddar + bacon + fried egg + curly fries on a jalapeno cheese bun. served with fries and a ghost chile aioli.

Massachusetts seems to lack a lot of the chains mentioned thus far in this thread (Steak N Shake, Carl's Jr, White Castle, etc.), but one chain we do have is Shake Shack. I haven't been yet. What are your thoughts? Worth the effort to seek one out?

We got a few Shake Shacks in NYC and while I don't know how far you would have to venture for it I will say it is delicious.

Made this bastard tonight. 85% lean beef, Sugardale bacon, Kraft shredded triple cheddar, rubbed with a Chophouse steak seasoning from a local sauce/seasoning place by me. On a giant, incredible pretzel bun. Only complaint was that my patty was too small. But I made 2. DELICIOUS.

210iyrq.jpg

Here's something you can try whipping up at home. It started out on a turkey burger, but it tastes just as good on beef.

Before you start cooking it, mix chopped onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper, ceyenne pepper (not too much) and bacon bits. Add worcestershire sauce. Mix and pack meat.

Cook 5 minutes on each side for Turkey, however long you want for beef.

Add New York Extra Sharp Cheddar with Mayo, Carmalized Onions, Spinach and A1 Sauce, and put it on a Potato Roll. 

It is really really good.

Here's something you can try whipping up at home. It started out on a turkey burger, but it tastes just as good on beef.

Before you start cooking it, mix chopped onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper, ceyenne pepper (not too much) and bacon bits. Add worcestershire sauce. Mix and pack meat.

Cook 5 minutes on each side for Turkey, however long you want for beef.

Add New York Extra Sharp Cheddar with Mayo, Carmalized Onions, Spinach and A1 Sauce, and put it on a Potato Roll.

It is really really good.

That sounds really good! I'm generally against mixing anything larger than a seasoning in with my meat though. Everything would have to go one top for me.