Massachusetts seems to lack a lot of the chains mentioned thus far in this thread (Steak N Shake, Carl's Jr, White Castle, etc.), but one chain we do have is Shake Shack.  I haven't been yet.  What are your thoughts?  Worth the effort to seek one out?

I live in Boston and went to my first Shake Shack a few weeks back.  It literally blew my mind. I got this SHAKE STACK which is a cheeseburger and a 'shroom burger together on a bun with all sorts of other delicious items.  Also, I got a caramel malted, so it was pretty much perfect.

UBurger is excellent as well and they have one in my student center which is so damn convenient.  Not to mention they were voted as having the #1 frappe in Boston last year.  I recommend the Big Papi burger (guacamole, chipotle sauce, jalapenos and banana peppers) and a Reese's frappe.

mm..burgers..yet, somehow I'm not 350 lbs

UBurger is excellent as well and they have one in my student center which is so damn convenient.  Not to mention they were voted as having the #1 frappe in Boston last year.  I recommend the Big Papi burger (guacamole, chipotle sauce, jalapenos and banana peppers) and a Reese's frappe.

mm..burgers..yet, somehow I'm not 350 lbs

I think I had UBurger once years and years ago when it first opened but I can't really remember it.  I like that they call them "frappes" though.  Keep that regional culture distinct!  (cause everyone knows that the name for the ice cream and milk mixture is really what defines a regional culture)  No, but, I don't understand why some places with local ownerships, like B Good and Tasty Burger (at least I think the owners are locals), don't call them frappes.  

I think I had UBurger once years and years ago when it first opened but I can't really remember it.  I like that they call them "frappes" though.  Keep that regional culture distinct!  (cause everyone knows that the name for the ice cream and milk mixture is really what defines a regional culture)  No, but, I don't understand why some places with local ownerships, like B Good and Tasty Burger (at least I think the owners are locals), don't call them frappes.  

Yes, frappes 4 lyfe! They have limited holiday frappes sometimes, I missed out on the candy cane frappe last year but I'm not sure I even care.

It's meh. I've had waaaaay better.

This. Five Guys is subpar and the fries will kill you faster than anything else out there.

Somebody please recommend me an incredible burger anywhere in NYC or Jersey City that isn't shake shack..

I don't know of any, it's been quite some time since I've been out there. I'm sure someone here will know though. Or the googles. Or...and as much as I hate to recommend this options, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives might have some good suggestions. Fucking Guy Fieri. What. A. Tool. Ooh. Just thought of this too. There is a show called Burger Land, I used to watch it and I LOVED it. That dude went to some sweet burger joints. I wonder what happened to that show. That should be able to help, I'm sure he went to a place in Jersey City/NYC at some point.

Tommy burger!! in Southern California

Some good ass chili burgers

So damn good!

image.jpg

I love a good chili burger, but I HATE when places do THAT to them. Don't drown my burger in chili, jerks. I didn't ask for a bowl of chili and some bun, I asked for a chili BURGER. Yeesh. /rant

What's everyone's stand on Five Guys? Just had it again for the first time in years today and it wasn't as impressive as it once was to me.

We have two here. One is absolutely better than the other

I love a good chili burger, but I HATE when places do THAT to them. Don't drown my burger in chili, jerks. I didn't ask for a bowl of chili and some bun, I asked for a chili BURGER. Yeesh. /rant

I felt every ounce of that rant

I don't hate Five Guys, but you can't get a fried egg on your burger (it should always be an option). Smashburger and BurgerFi are 100x better with more options and milkshakes that will rock your world.

I hate eggs. They gross me out. Unless chopped up with a million other things.

I usually get bacon/chz/bbq/peppers on my burger & it's always great.

We asked for

Extra chili on the burgers they usually don't put that much. But if you ever make it to Cali I suggest you try it!

We asked for

Extra chili on the burgers they usually don't put that much. But if you ever make it to Cali I suggest you try it!

Gross.

But if they don't usually do that maybe I'd try Tommy Burger. I was just super bummed because I ordered a chili burger from a joint near my work and it just came like that.

Any of you other Jerseyans hit up 25 Burgers?

I'm partial to the Trenton Burger - Porkroll, Fried Egg, Cheese, Ketchup and Mayo.  So good. 

Scratch the mayo and I'm in.  There's a bar in philly that serves "Trenton Fries" which are roasted potatoes, pork roll, caramelized onions, jalapeños and an american cheese sauce.  Too good.  

Scratch the mayo and I'm in.  There's a bar in philly that serves "Trenton Fries" which are roasted potatoes, pork roll, caramelized onions, jalapeños and an american cheese sauce.  Too good.  

WANT

Isn't it crazy how good pork roll/Taylor Ham is? Rest of the country is missing out.