E3 2014 Discussion

I have consoles from all three companies and his comment isn't far off. Are you saying most people that own an Xbox don't just care about shooters? I think there's plenty of truth behind it.

The middle of Sony's conference was terrible but I think they made up for it at the end. Microsoft was one megaton announcement at the end away from being great. A real let down at the end there.

I have consoles from all three companies and his comment isn't far off. Are you saying most people that own an Xbox don't just care about shooters? I think there's plenty of truth behind it.

The middle of Sony's conference was terrible but I think they made up for it at the end. Microsoft was one megaton announcement at the end away from being great. A real let down at the end there.

I was just saying that to be a dick ha. But yeah there is a large shooter community on xbox but most of the call of duty mlg events everyone goes nuts over is all on xbox not Playstation.

Look, I am not going to get into a fanboy pissing match here, because it is pointless.  If you bought a PS4 you are going to be in the Sony camp.  If you bought a X1 then you are in the Xbox camp.  If you have a WiiU, then you can be in Nintendo's camp.  I have both a PS4 and X1, as all I care about are games.  I don't give a shit about Youtube or Netflix or HuluPlus.  I don't care about original TV shows on either platform.  So based off today, here are my thoughts:

Microsoft:

* They had to focus on games and they did in a nice tidy 1 hour presser.  No mention of Kinect, TV or anything else.  If you used to enjoy Jet Set Radio and Tony Hawk, then you should try out Sunset Overdrive and likely demo

* Phil Spencer was the right choice to lead the Xbox team....hopefully he can stay (considering all of the turnover that team has had)

* Forza Horizon 2---great series with amazing graphics

* Fable Legends---similar to Evolve as 4v1 gameplay, not sure about being the Villain and always needing 5 people to play...who knows.

* Ori...looks like some nice 2D classic platforming...need to see more.

* Halo Collection.  $60 for 4 games, 100 multiplayer maps in 1080p at 60fps....ok, nice.

* Nice indie games---Cuphead, Below, Inside, etc.

* Phantom Dust?  I don't remember that.

* Dead Rising 3 DLC Arcade game mode looked cool and was free.

* New CRACKDOWN...holy fuck yes.  Thank you.  One of the most fun games for Xbox (the original...not Crackdown 2)

* Scalebound....ok you can ride dragons?  Need more info.

Sony:

* Jesus, we needed that to go over 2 hours, really?

* White PS4 looks nice

* Disappointed that every 1st party game Sony showed isn't out til next year.  What are PS4 buyers going to play this holiday outside of multi-platform titles?

* Uncharted 4--about damn time.  

* Very interested in their VR plan, especially with the Rift coming out.

* No Man's Sky...very ambitious...each person gets their own planet...hope this small team can pull it off.

* Grim Fandango---get the fuck outta here?  Wow.

* Bloodborne...oh good.  More reasons for me to break my Dualshock.  Thank you From Software.

* Infamous 2nd Son DLC--nice that you don't need the game to play it.

* LBP3....yes, looks great (as always), like the new character additions....the controls (even based on the demo on stage) seem like they are still a bitch.

Multiplatform:

* Far Cry 4--Looks amazing.  Love the PS4 feature that you can invite friends via PSN to play it, even if they don't have the game (hope that feature gets picked up by other devs and games)

* Call of Duty Advanced Warfare---looks better than I thought, of course DLC first on xbox still.

* Destiny---looks awesome and vast, need more details on what the PS4 bonus features are

* Dragon Age 3--looks great

* Evolve---from the Left4Dead team, looks great and the early previews have said it is fun.

* Battlefield Hardline---yep, I'm intrigued.  Need to see more of the game mode types, but the multiplayer demo they showed was pretty insane. Can't wait til Fox News starts talking about how it is training kids to "kill cops"

* Rainbow Six: Siege.  Finally a new Rainbow Six game.  The original tactical shooter.  Looks good so far.

* The Division.  Has some nice graphics/weapons, will be interesting to see how the game plays.

* I need more Star Wars Battlefront footage please....the 1 minute speeder clip was nice.

* GTAV for PC, Xbox1 and PS4....no surprise there...where is the single player DLC?

* Batman: Arkham Knight....looks amazing...sad it was delayed.

* Mortal Kombat X---looks like every other Mortal Kombat--now with X-rays!

* MGSV: Phantom Pain...this game needs to come out....now.

* The Crew:  2 hour driving missions?  Fuck no.

* EA Sports games---still have a long way to integrate next gen graphics and controls into a seamless package regardless if it is Madden, FIFA, UFC, PGA or NBA Live (which was not talked about).

* New Tomb Raider....yipee...one of my favorite games from last year.

That sums it up.  Curious to see what Nintendo will announce tomorrow.

Most of the competitive FPS community are on Xbox because of Halo, and just never bothered to switch to PS. I feel like Xbox has a more competitive community in general, which I enjoy.  Also, my good friends play Xbox, not PS.  If they had played Playstation back in the day, I'd probably be a Playstation guy.

Sony:

* Disappointed that every 1st party game Sony showed isn't out til next year.  What are PS4 buyers going to play this holiday outside of multi-platform titles?.

The Order and Drive Club I guess. I didn't have high hopes for The Order but I liked the footage they showed today. Personally I'm excited to play the Last of Us multiplayer with all my friends who didn't get a chance to play it on PS3.

I have ps3, Xbox 360, and wii. The ps3 easily gets daily use. Just because of it's ability to play blu ray and stream all of my downloaded movies. X box can stream the same movies but the resolution seems clearer or ps3. I didn't use the xbox for like 6 months and now I can't get any video, just 3 blinking lights. The wii is pretty much only good for party games like Mario kart, Mario party, and super Mario. In my opinion.

I have ps3, Xbox 360, and wii. The ps3 easily gets daily use. Just because of it's ability to play blu ray and stream all of my downloaded movies. X box can stream the same movies but the resolution seems clearer or ps3. I didn't use the xbox for like 6 months and now I can't get any video, just 3 blinking lights. The wii is pretty much only good for party games like Mario kart, Mario party, and super Mario. In my opinion.

Those are like, the past man. :P

The Order and Drive Club I guess. I didn't have high hopes for The Order but I liked the footage they showed today. Personally I'm excited to play the Last of Us multiplayer with all my friends who didn't get a chance to play it on PS3.

Order coming out in Feb 2015:  http://www.onlysp.com/e3-2014-order-1886-release-date-announced/

Totally forgot about Driveclub....coming out in October and Sony didn't even feel a need to discuss it...interesting.

Alright WiiU bros, which franchise is showing up tomorrow? I'm hoping and praying for Metroid.

Metroid and Star Fox are the ones I would hope to show up. I would really like new installments in either Mario Strikers, Baseball, or Party for Wii U. Sunshine HD could get the ball rolling on old games that could use an HD makeover (Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for Wii U. I know the trilogy is already on Wii because I own it but one can dream.) it's weird though how long it has been since we have seen a Metroid from Retro studios...

Alright WiiU bros, which franchise is showing up tomorrow? I'm hoping and praying for Metroid.

Hope the rumors of Mario Sunshine HD are true.  New Zelda in HD would be nice.  New Metroid would stellar.  Curious about that picture leak of the Mario Maker game.  Would love a new Earthbound (ha ha...never)/Fire Emblem/Super Mario RPG/Skies of Arcadia 

I've been holding off on a Wii U. Hoping for a price drop

You can get a refurbished one straight from Nintendo for $200. I've really been considering getting one myself. I've got an Xbox One, so I can hold off on getting a PS4 for a little while longer until the library has more titles I'm interested in. Now that the Wii U has titles like Mario Kart, Wind Waker, Pikman, and a few others I'm seriously tempted.