E3 2014 Discussion

Order coming out in Feb 2015:  http://www.onlysp.com/e3-2014-order-1886-release-date-announced/

Totally forgot about Driveclub....coming out in October and Sony didn't even feel a need to discuss it...interesting.

Damn another delay? I don't even feel like there's any good multiplatform games coming out this fall either. Oh well... indie games.

Metroid and Star Fox are the ones I would hope to show up. I would really like new installments in either Mario Strikers, Baseball, or Party for Wii U. Sunshine HD could get the ball rolling on old games that could use an HD makeover (Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for Wii U. I know the trilogy is already on Wii because I own it but one can dream.) it's weird though how long it has been since we have seen a Metroid from Retro studios...

Confession: I absolutely LOVED the Starfox dinosaur game on the gamecube haha. I'd be super stoked if they announced another third person Starfox game, but I think if it happens it'll be a space fighter and I will also be happy. I didn't even think of Star Fox, I think that is highly likely and it'll be a real sequel to Starfox 64.

Hope the rumors of Mario Sunshine HD are true.  New Zelda in HD would be nice.  New Metroid would stellar.  Curious about that picture leak of the Mario Maker game.  Would love a new Earthbound (ha ha...never)/Fire Emblem/Super Mario RPG/Skies of Arcadia 

A new Earthbound would blow my mind. Fire Emblem is a good choice too based on the success of the recent 3DS one. New Zelda being teased is highly possible but I think it'll be similar to when Skyward Sword was first teased and all we got was a piece of concept art.

I see A LOT of the same old, same old in this thread and from gaming in general: shooters and sequels to shooters

I wish SEGA could bring back some star franchises from their catalog: Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Phantasy Star, Yakuza, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon etc., especially Shenmue

Can Shenmue fans PLEASE get Shenmue III? #SaveShenmue (It's been 13 years of hoping and speculation, and SEGA actively trolling fans)

I will say though I'm most interested in MGS V(I "love" Keifer's voice over ability, he is Jack Bauer being Big Boss). Uncharted 4 looks good too.

What if Nintendo drops the game-pad, cuts the price of the console to $250 and releases a new iteration of the 3DS which can double as the game-pad? Nah, they'll just announce another Zelda game and call it a day ;)

Or, god forbid, they announce that they'll be releasing old titles as mobile games. I would drop some serious dough to have some Mario Bros. and DK on my iPhone.

I don't know about anyone else, but I HATED the Gamecube. I was disappointed by Wind Waker, I DID NOT like Super Mario Sunshine and developer Rare decided to release the new Perfect Dark (the reason I bought the system) on another console. Literally the only game I sank any time into was Animal Crossing, now that I LOVED. Now true, I never got Twilight Princess or the Metroid Prime series, but overall I felt the Gamecube killed gaming for me because I could not afford any other system at the time.

I saw this at IGN and it pretty much sums up what I thought about yesterday.

Microsoft's Conference

1 New IP (Scalebound)

3 Remakes/Existing Franchise (Phantom Dust, Crackdown, Halo Collection)

1 Indie (Ori and the Blind Forest)

Sony's Conference

2 New IP (Bloodborne, Let it Die)

4 Remakes/Existing Franchise (LittleBigPlanet 3, Uncharted 4: A Theif's End, Grim Fandango, Ratchet and Clank)

1 Indie (Entwined)

The rest we've either seen before, are third party, or timed exclusives

such as The Order 1886, Sunset Overdrive, Inside, No Man's Sky, Dead Island 2, Halo 5, etc.

My Opinion:

Both pretty even, I guess it depends on personal preference, but I prefer LittleBigPlanet3, Uncharted4, and Bloodborne over Scalebound, Crackdown, and Phantom Dust.