Official Art Thread

Did you use a brush in Photoshop to color it in? The edges sort of look like you did. 

My two cents, you should use the pen tool to color in large sections and then overlay any textures you want to achieve the look. Way faster and easier to edit. Let me know if you want a quick chat on how to make that happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's how the painting I was working on (see above) turned out:

kejlab.jpg

Glad you kept working on it. Reminds me quite a bit of the Death Cab, Narrow Stairs cover

I haven't had the time or patience to put anything on canvas since high school, which is unfortunate because I have an idea for a painting but I haven't been able to start it for months, mostly because I can't decide how big of a canvas to buy for the first attempt. All I know is that it's gonna be big, it's gonna take a long time to finish, and I'm probably gonna have to do it more than once to get it the way I want it.

Anyway, here's a self portrait I did by tracing a photo of myself in Photoshop. Not exactly original or creative or whatever, but I like it.

tumblr_nm9o41idRe1u06bh7o1_1280.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

tried my hand at spray paint for the first time today. cannot believe how bad my wrist hurt. ran out of black, so i still have some work to do, and even spent another 30-45 on it after i took this picture

11195758_780548045386709_18512901_n.jpg

toying with digital watercolor. my co-worker was showing me some of her watercolor stuff, and it reminded me how much i miss it. 

0GFEfCA.jpg

• 3 weeks later...