Linkin Park - The Hunting Party (2014 NEW ALBUM)

Right, yeah, sorry. I figured that was implied since, as has been mentioned, A. The album has been out for some time now B. this is vinyl collective.

I'm in for the vinyl, gotta keep that collection complete. Actually haven't heard it yet but I have high hopes. It isn't "Living Things", that's all I need to know...

Right, yeah, sorry. I figured that was implied since, as has been mentioned, A. The album has been out for some time now B. this is vinyl collective.

I'm in for the vinyl, gotta keep that collection complete. Actually haven't heard it yet but I have high hopes. It isn't "Living Things", that's all I need to know...

You're right, you didn't have to say that it was about the vinyl, because it was assumed. I acted like an idiot and I'm sorry

That being said, I'm with you. Wasn't a big fan of A Thousand Suns or Living Things, but this album really isn't bad. I like it and I can't wait to hear more about its vinyl release

You're right, you didn't have to say that it was about the vinyl, because it was assumed. I acted like an idiot and I'm sorry

That being said, I'm with you. Wasn't a big fan of A Thousand Suns or Living Things, but this album really isn't bad. I like it and I can't wait to hear more about its vinyl release

Hahah. no worries dude. A Thousand Suns was "different" and maybe not what I would normally listen to, but I still enjoyed it and spun it alot. No regrets about the deluxe purchase. Living Things felt like all the least enjoyable parts of a thousand suns with significantly less focus and inspiration. Played it twice and that was two more times than I should have.

More details coming in… 2xLP 125gm white vinyl out sept. 19… not that I didn't see that coming but will EVERY new album they do be on white vinyl?

2xLP at 125g?  Interesting.  They are still on Warner right?  Surprised WB didn't give them the Mastodon or Tom Petty or other type treatment (Deluxe 180g LP at high price with "standard" 140g LP at medium high price)

2xLP at 125g? Interesting. They are still on Warner right? Surprised WB didn't give them the Mastodon or Tom Petty or other type treatment (Deluxe 180g LP at high price with "standard" 140g LP at medium high price)

Their catalogue usually gets shafted on vinyl anyway, with super limited high priced presses which then go out of print... Till recently anyway. They did this with A Thousand Suns, 180gm white 2LP available only with deluxe box set. Standard (high priced) black for everyone else.

Best tracks on this album: All For Nothing, Guilty All The Same, Wastelands.  I like the heavy shit but think they've let Chester scream over way too much of this album - I liked it better when it was a good Chester/Mike split and they let Chester sing his face off, not just scream endlessly ;)

Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade are standard LP fare, not bad but sound similar to the countless other "What I've Done/In The End" knockoff's they've made.... that probably sounds harsher than I'd meant it to.

Glad we got some info, I was wondering why the hell this didn't come out on Vinyl 2 weeks ago. I'll pick it up when it eventually does arrive.

So I just gave the album a first listen, and... Hmm. I have mixed feelings.

FLAC'd the CD (no accuraterip results so apparently I'm the first, I thought this album was selling well?) and loaded it up into the DAW. Really squashed looking mastering, cringeworthy but I guess that's pretty normal these days. Plugged in the DAC/Headphone amp. This is as good as it'll sound to anyone. Cued up from the beginning.

AND IT STARTS OFF GREAT. I'm instantly loving it. Sadly, this is probably the best track on the whole album. There are other good moments but it seems to continually lose momentum as it goes on, and by the time the album is a few tracks in, it really ceases to be interesting.

Musically, rhythmically it's very aggressive. You can tell there are moments where they are trying to sound like a hardcore band straight out of the mid-90's. The vocals and guitars are otherwise, outside of these brief "heavy" moments, very melodic and reminiscent of today's standard middle-of-the-road pop. Lyrically, the entire album did absolutely nothing for me.

Is it better than hybrid theory, or meteora? No, I don't think anyone expected that either. But it might just be the next best thing. It's certainly better than minutes to midnight and living things, and certainly what I would consider a step in the right direction. But while they made a bold move by making a guitar and drum driven record, they played it very safe in terms of actual lyrical and musical content. It seems as if Mista Hahn's presence on this record is completely underplayed, as is Phoenix's.

The recordings do sound very organic, and like an actual band performance. I think their insistence on tracking parts live more than they have in the past really paid off here, the album is that much better for it.

For their next album: please continue the de-evolution. Get dangerous. Get dirty. Write some glitchy, heavy guitar, pro-tools chopped-and-screwed goodness. It doesn't have to be a hybrid theory "part 3", take all that you've grown and just take that sound to the next level. You're not a hardcore band and you don't have to be, you're heavy enough as it is, and always had it in you. Write about pain and suffering and anger and loss and despair, not 10 different variations on "we fight and carry the flag spill the blood bro-fist yeah" and "you don't know what you got till it's gone the light inside you is so beautiful let it go let it go the cold never bothered me anyway". And shinoda, every rap track you've done over the past half decade has just been some long-winded explanation on how you're the best MC ever. Okay. We got it, now actually rap about something. Maybe give Hahn his 3 minutes of fame with another scratch track because those are always fun.

^ constructive criticism to make what could be the best LP album ever, but it'll never happen.

In case anyone has any interest... Here's a link to the FS post I just made where I am offering exclusive #LPBLKMRKT merch based on this album, as well as an authentic signed Hybrid Theory EP

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/103455-for-sale-linkin-park-lpblkmrkt-merch-and-autographed-hybrid-theory-ep/

• 3 months later...