Swans Hype: 2022 Edition

Would be nice for them to come more frequently, and why WLFTMOI now, and not Cop, then in order? Suppose it doesn't matter really.

Would love to see Omniscience, Die Tür ist Zü and Swans are Dead on vinyl at some point too. 

I assumed they would be in order too based on them starting with Filth.  I'd prefer it that way, but I don't really care as long as most of them come out eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

So...this was announced today. Definitely two sides to this coin. Topping To Be Kind seems impossible but in all probability they probably will and it will be immense.

Now more than ever feel the need to see them live, before they move on from Swans.

Just got home comatose after finishing up the final leg of our 14 month tour for Swans To Be Kind album. We have come to your town, though it’s doubtful we have partied down. It has been a privilege to be inside the sound that on some nights seems to create itself of its own accord, and it’s gratifying that many of you have conveyed to us that it’s been a positive experience for you too… Next step: Sept 1 we commence a new Swans album. This will be the final Swans album (and subsequent tour) for this version / iteration of Swans. Not really sure what the next step will be after that, but that’s perhaps a good thing… We’ll be making a live album/fundraiser (called The Gate) soon, in order to raise the necessary – somewhat daunting – capital for the studio album, which is bound to be an insatiable beast… more soon, Thanks and Love! – Michael Gira

I dont read that as swans is done. More so this direction/lineup is done and gira will figure out what he wants to do next. Be it a completely different direction/time off/ focus on solo and angels of light stuff, who knows. Im just happy with the amount of records they have been putting out and just how damn good they are. Seeing them live was for sure an experience and a punishing one at that.

I was also intrigued by that article a few days ago. I interpret it as a shift in lineup, name, and possibly style – kind of like youspinmeround and Shabazz are speculating. I can't see Gira being done with writing or performing music.

There are a few songs off the new album that were absolutely devastating, this past tour. I wouldn't be surprised if the album is on par with TBK or even better. Going into it knowing that it's the last stage of this Swans phase will make it that much more special, I think.

I know I already mentioned Angels of Light on this page but I really really really hope that Michael starts that project up again. I love this era of Swans but I am a sucker for Angels of Light. Or just more solo stuff would be fine with me. Hell, why would I even be bothered if he kept going as Swans? I'm okay with anything he does.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Derek™ changed the title to Swans Hype: 2022 Edition