PO: HAVE A NICE LIFE - DEATHCONSCIOUSNESS RE-ISSUE

I don't know why everyone's worried about the preorder. I mean it's a great album with a decent fan base but 700 copies across two variants aren't going to go instantly...

i mean it wasn't really instant. i thought the unnatural world was going to sell out in like under 5 min for the /300 variant and was surprised how long that one stuck around too. 

if there was an /100 variant for this record it would've literally been gone by the time you finished paypal, that would be instant. 

I wish they would have posted an audio sample of the "new mix" before putting it on the store... I need to know if it's worth $35 to hear a WinAmp EQ'd version of a 128kbps master.

Which format would you have liked the audio sample to be in? And you can judge from this, what it will sound like on your vinyl setup?

I think you may have a serious business opportunity.

I wish they would have posted an audio sample of the "new mix" before putting it on the store... I need to know if it's worth $35 to hear a WinAmp EQ'd version of a 128kbps master.

With that kind of thought process going on I think you are going to be let down by this release regardless of what it actually sounds like.

With that kind of thought process going on I think you are going to be let down by this release regardless of what it actually sounds like.

yeah but that would imply that vinyl dudes actually care about sound quality of something that's already of a shit quality and easily sourced on the internet...

...what're you gonna tell me next? Vinyl collector's value sound quality?

Which format would you have liked the audio sample to be in? And you can judge from this, what it will sound like on your vinyl setup?

I think you may have a serious business opportunity.

If I'm paying a premium for a supposedly high fidelity format I would like the master to be optimal, and when you're dealing with 128kbps source files, the outlook is not good.

What's the goal of owning Deathconsciousness on vinyl then? The idea of owning the record itself? Maybe that was impressive when it was still a rarity in 2008, but in a 2014 post-TUW world, Deathconsciousness is old hat.

I ended up with an extra white variant and an extra green variant if anyone missed out and wants either one (or both).  Feel free to PM me with offers or trades!

The site was both crashing and telling me all the colors were "being held in others carts" and I kept trying to add the white vinyl and green vinyl to my cart at 4:00PM and finally when I saw the order go through I mashed the "PAY NOW" button and only on reading the e-mail confirmation did I realize I got 2 on white, 2 on green, 1 on 180gram black and 1 on standard weight black.  I definitely want to keep one each of the white and green variants as well as my one copy of the 180 gram black and the standard weight black, but I have one extra white variant of the Deathconsciouss Double LP and one extra green variant of it as well, so if anyone missed out and wants one, send me a message.  I can provide proof of my order as well as 100% feedback on DIscogs, eBay etc as well.

In terms of trades, if anyone has the very first pressing of the Deathconsciousness CD-R, the pre-order version of the Giles Corey CD/book or even the standard Giles Corey CD/book I'd definitely be willing to trade for those but am open to a variety of other trades as well.

not selling for cost the day that a record PO goes up?

enjoy your 50 downvotes from the rabid VC hordes

I ended up with an extra white variant and an extra green variant if anyone missed out and wants either one (or both). Feel free to PM me with offers or trades!

The site was both crashing and telling me all the colors were "being held in others carts" and I kept trying to add the white vinyl and green vinyl to my cart at 4:00PM and finally when I saw the order go through I mashed the "PAY NOW" button and only on reading the e-mail confirmation did I realize I got 2 on white, 2 on green, 1 on 180gram black and 1 on standard weight black. I definitely want to keep one each of the white and green variants as well as my one copy of the 180 gram black and the standard weight black, but I have one extra white variant of the Deathconsciouss Double LP and one extra green variant of it as well, so if anyone missed out and wants one, send me a message. I can provide proof of my order as well as 100% feedback on DIscogs, eBay etc as well.

In terms of trades, if anyone has the very first pressing of the Deathconsciousness CD-R, the pre-order version of the Giles Corey CD/book or even the standard Giles Corey CD/book I'd definitely be willing to trade for those but am open to a variety of other trades as well.

a likely story. Sell it to Juan for $37ppd?

I ended up with an extra white variant and an extra green variant if anyone missed out and wants either one (or both).  Feel free to PM me with offers or trades!

The site was both crashing and telling me all the colors were "being held in others carts" and I kept trying to add the white vinyl and green vinyl to my cart at 4:00PM and finally when I saw the order go through I mashed the "PAY NOW" button and only on reading the e-mail confirmation did I realize I got 2 on white, 2 on green, 1 on 180gram black and 1 on standard weight black.  I definitely want to keep one each of the white and green variants as well as my one copy of the 180 gram black and the standard weight black, but I have one extra white variant of the Deathconsciousness Double LP and one extra green variant of it as well, so if anyone missed out and wants one, send me a message.  I can provide proof of my order as well as 100% feedback on DIscogs, eBay etc as well.

Welcome to the Boards, great 1st post mang!

I guess we can keep circlejerking about our shopping cart checkout skills, or we can take a critical look at the actual value of the vinyl in regards to its audio fidelity.

You'll only know when you have properly cleaned it and put it on your TT/setup (and if your ear canals are clear of wax, and you don't suffer from tinnitus from not wearing hearing protection, etc.)  And sometimes, people get better pressings than others within any given release. Sometimes the masters are great, but the pressings are poor.

Too many factors was my point to judge from any .whatever file as to what it's going to sound like on your TT.  I have surprises both ways.