PO: The Rural Alberta Advantage-Mended With Gold

Paper Bag has an exclusive colour, probably cheaper for Canadians as well

http://shop.paperbagrecords.com/products/mended-with-gold

Yep. Ordered the Canadian version as well as I have to keep up with my complete collection. This band is so damn good. I have only been to Quebec but they make me want to live in Alberta. 

Yep. Ordered the Canadian version as well as I have to keep up with my complete collection. This band is so damn good. I have only been to Quebec but they make me want to live in Alberta. 

looks like the same version but with signature, right?

$40 shipped from canada...not that bad considering it comes with a patch  :rolleyes:

edit :$38.58 US after the conversion

hahahahahahaha.

Sorry, I've just never heard someone here say that.

They certainly romanticize the province at least I think in their music, especially on Hometowns. Lyrics to songs like Frank AB are certainly depressing but make the place sound pretty interesting. Of course songs like Edmonton and Four Night Rider are even better! And not to mention the Ballad of RAA.

They certainly romanticize the province at least I think in their music, especially on Hometowns. Lyrics to songs like Frank AB are certainly depressing but make the place sound pretty interesting. Of course songs like Edmonton and Four Night Rider are even better! And not to mention the Ballad of RAA.

Yup.  Edmonton is one of my favourite songs ever.  And every time he says "Edmonton" in Four Night Rider I sing along loudly.

I think Don't Haunt This Place is my favourite RAA song.

looks like the same version but with signature, right?

$40 shipped from canada...not that bad considering it comes with a patch  :rolleyes:

edit :$38.58 US after the conversion

No, vinyl are different colors. It could be a typo I suppose, but per their respective sites' the Saddle Creek (US) version is clear with gold splatter while the Paper Bag (Canada) version is black and gold striped (guessing this means black with gold splatter).

Thanks OP. I heard the new song on the radio yesterday and forgot to see if there was a preorder.

So what's this '45/33 flexi-disc' from Paper Bag Records? One side is at 45 and one side is at 33?

"45/33" is the name of one of the songs on the album (track 7), so I assume it's just a flexi with that song on it.

They're from Toronto.

He grew up in Edmonton, and sings about it, and Alberta in a lot of their songs. The Ballad of The RAA, Deathbridge in LETHBRIDGE, Frank, AB, he name drops Edmonton in Four Night Rider, and then of course there's the song Edmonton. That's just on hometowns. Not sure what currently living in Toronto has to do with his statement. He definitely does romanticize Alberta, not even taking into account the bands name.

Oh yeah, there's also Tornado '87 on Departing.

Does the love grow, home with the wild rose?

Broken down lovers in the city of oil.

Sorry, I got carried away. But damn, these guys actually make me proud to be from Edmonton.

• 1 month later...