Coke or Pepsi?

Against the law? Tell me you're joking.

I could see someone suing for false advertising. That's probably what they meant.

It's sort of false advertising, it's to stop someone buying wanting to buy X and being given Y, then having a bad experience and therefore blaming X and potentially affecting their business. Maybe it's just a UK thing; most uptight things are just a UK thing. 

I haven't heard liquor brought up yet so I'll just throw this out there. I only drink soda/pop when mixing a drink. And I prefer diet caffeine free Coke. Which apparently is in rare supply in Chicago because every fucking time I go to the store, it's not there. I do give in and buy diet caffeine free Pepsi. When I use it as a mixer I could care less whether it's Coke or Pepsi. But that said, if in the once in lifetime I actually drink soda/pop without liquor involved, Coke is it.

I didn't read anything else here, so maybe this has been touched on, but Mexican Coke is one of the best goddamn things ever.

When I was in New York once, this guy was telling me about Mexican Coke and how it's barely available anywhere. He is going off on this crazy tangent about how the bottle is slightly thinner/taller and it just tastes "so much better than normal Coke" - we're walking down this random Brooklyn street and he was seriously waxing lyrical about "MAN, I wish I could get one but they're so goddamn hard to find blahblah" and we cut into this small restaurant to get sandwiches and literally right as he finishes talking about it, we both lock eyes with a fridge full of Mexican coke in this place. It was so weird and amazing and hilarious. So we naturally bought a handful each, and I agreed - it's the business.

fuck diet drinks. obesity in a nutshell.  i dont have science to back it up but to all you fuckers out there who are replacing normal soda with diet soda cause you "shouldnt be drinking soda" it wont work.  and you know it.

also pepsi is good if you have pretzels on hand

but my vote is for coke.

What if I drink diet because I have diabetes? No carbs=No insulin needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Pepsi Throwback since it uses real sugar and can be bought in cases of 12 for $3-4, the former if it's on sale. If Coke used real sugar that could be bought in cans I would probably prefer it. Mexican Coke is only sold in one store around here and it's very expensive.

That said I restrict myself to a few cans a month so it would probably make no difference if I only bought Mexican Coke.