PO: Transit - Joyride 10/21/14

So almost $60 ppd for the limited cover, 7", (arguably) useless CD, and UGLY shirt bundle, or $54 shipped for the limited cover and the standard cover/7" bundle.  Not psyched on either of these options and am extremely confused about why DL thinks its costs the same amount to ship 2 LPs with a 7" as it does to ship an LP, 7", CD and shirt. 

I don't know why but the phrase "courtesy of" is bothering me. That must be why they aren't getting a preorder on Rise's MerchNow. "Courtesy of" sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me, like they don't necessarily support the record. I would really like to know what that means in the record label world. Unless I'm just over thinking it. 

Regardless, I'm ready for the first single. That clip has me really excited and optimistic. And I dig the original artwork, even though it doesn't necessarily scream, "Transit."

They now put up a bundle with the alternate cover and the 7". Wish they had done this earlier. Ordered this one and canceling my other order.

The shipping is $.60 more expensive in the alt cover bundle than it is in the standard bundle.  This company is the worst.  Regardless I'm cancelling my original order and getting this.

Putting up the preorder before putting out a full song is a calculated move. Based on the couple demos I've heard (not trying to be "that guy" but it happened), they're continuing to stretch their sound. I don't really want to state my opinion on what I heard or say any more because a) I've liked 5-6 songs since KTTY so my opinion wouldn't be relevant to anyone here but Mr Castaway, and B) I love these guys to death and don't want to away anybody either way. Just know to expect something "different" in the way that every Transit record has been different from the last (well, with the exception of Let It Out to TWNDU, but I doubt most of you could give two shits about those records).

All that said, I do find them selling via DL and saying "courtesy of" awfully curious as well.

I love Let It Out. Waterways in New England is one of my favorite songs by them. Just wish that sweet solo at the end didn't simply just fade out.

Yeah that's such an odd/cool moment in their catalog and it's almost like it never happened because it's barely there and then it's gone. And they've never done anything similar as far as solos since then that I can think of.