Taylor Swift - 1989 2xLP

The best I can find is that she didn't cast any people of color in the first season of girls. And then cast Donald Glover for a few episodes. Which doesn't scream racism, just that the first season was poorly casted or had a poorly written supporting cast.

When I hear racism, I think people who believe to their core that certain people are not seen as equal or valued. Racists then don't go cast a type of person they hate as their boyfriend.

But maybe there is something else, that's why I was asking. I mean, I get that people may not like Lena Dunham, but there are better things to dislike about her (like poorly representing millennialist, Brooklyn, or weak story lines). Calling her a racist sounds flimsy and easy.

It's not racist. Granted Brooklyn isn't the whitest place, but unless people can prove someone said (under her approval as show runner, writer and creator), "no black or Hispanics", it's not racism, just terrible casting (Girls S1 Brooklyn appears pretty white on HBO ). I would think there would be malice involved in a decision like that, and I don't think people that malicious would acquiesce for seasons 2&3. Usually you find people of that low mind dig in and stick to their guns.

I know this is a tumblr link but don't write it off, it's the best compiled list I've found as to why Lena Dunham has a problem: http://yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/45822118430/lena-dunham

Maybe Swift will help her make a graceful transition into action based apologies.

Hmmmm. The plot thickens.

Probably the same tracks and music but different covers. Still. I'd be game for both. Ha!

Edit: Popped over to eBay to see if any listings and looks like the full name cover is the UK pressing. Same number of tracks. The initials cover is the U.S.

If that's the case, what's a good UK distro to get this from that won't be too pricey esp. the shipping?

If you need help posting any over that don't post to the U.S. then I'm good to help man! Banquet Records is the first place to start though, can be pricey though as its one of the main ones.

Question: Are there EU/US versions of 1989's pressing? I've seen both copies that have the 'T.S.' cover on instagram and copies that have the whole 'Taylor Swift' on...

i.e. http://instagram.com/p/wZSO9DAOml/

VS.

http://instagram.com/p/wZLrrMAZdM/

Hey, I've seen the bottom one before! (That's my picture haha)

The first picture (aka the UK copy) is mine. I don't think it's officially out until the 15th but I got my copy from Juno.

Talking about differences though, it has this typo too... :

R-6392060-1418097095-2462.jpeg.jpg

That would drive me up the wall, I have a Coldplay Prospekt's March EP with the Viva La Vida sticker on it...talk about confusing

Just posted a link that has a buuuunch of info on how she uses casual racism in a lot of her work and is all around pretty ignorant.

Oh yeah I missed it, sorry!

Boomkat or Banquet Records in London might be good for UK -> US. Can't speak from experience though cos I live in the UK.

they need to do a deluxe version for the vinyl.. I like the 3 bonus tracks too much.

Same. Wonderland and New Romantics are two of my favorite songs on the album. Actually still haven't bought it yet because of that. Although I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually (read: soon (read: this week)) haha .