Taylor Swift - 1989 2xLP

I'm not trying to get into this argument for the long haul, but i don't think it's fair to write off music fans as only "casual" if they enjoy Taylor Swift's music.

You can enjoy music for the sake of it being well written, marketed, or just down right catchy. That shouldn't dictate where you fall in your passion for music.

As most, my taste range falls all over the place. I would like to think I have a pretty decent knowledge in music and a strong passion for it. The only good thing my dad ever did for me was expand my taste ranges by introducing me to punk at a young age. By 13 I found a place working in music and have busted my ass to make a name for myself ever since. Now I collect vinyl, help out on hip hop tours, and despite years of protesting her first few albums...I jam to some Taylor Swift.

By all means, I am not a casual listener. I appreciate music for what it is and what it does. I enjoy things that are more complex and I love a damn good pop single.

So please, get a grip and don't demean music fans just because their taste is too "mainstream" for you.

You don't need to qualify your opinions by stating that you work in the industry.  You come off quite pompous, like those working in the music industry (or any industry for that matter) have an opinion that is worth anymore than anyone else's.

You don't need to qualify your opinions by stating that you work in the industry.  You come off quite pompous, like those working in the music industry (or any industry for that matter) have an opinion that is worth anymore than anyone else's.

Didn't come off that way to me at all. I don't think she was invalidating people's opinions, or even trying to, just explaining that she wasn't a casual listener, that she loves music enough that she's dedicated her life to it and yet she still digs a mainstream pop artist like Swift.

No need to get butthurt.

Your profile claims that you are 35, so why do you have to speak to someone like this?  You are old enough to know better.  At the very least act like a man, and treat others with respect, even if you don't like their opinion.

To the rest of the keyboard bada$$es in this thread, follow the above advice or move on.  You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake because you berate others, and degrade their choices.

Your profile claims that you are 35, so why do you have to speak to someone like this? You are old enough to know better. At the very least act like a man, and treat others with respect, even if you don't like their opinion.

To the rest of the keyboard bada$$es in this thread, follow the above advice or move on. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake because you berate others, and degrade their choices.

:(

You should reread the thread. I never said anything bad about fans of Taylor Swift. I couldn't care less what others like. I don't personally like her music but no big deal.

:)

On the other hand, I do think Taylor is a hack that is only out for money but most musicians, and people in general, are. Again, no big deal.

Good.  You have made the point you wanted to make about Taylor Swift.  Now you can move on to threads that actually interest you, instead of baiting for an argument in this one.  

Change of subject.  Has anyone else preordered the vinyl copy of 1989 from Amazon?  I was thinking about buying a copy for a friend of my wife closer to Christmas, but I don't want the price to go up after the release.  Guardians of the Galaxy on vinyl went from $17 to $23 not long after release.

Good.  You have made the point you wanted to make about Taylor Swift.  Now you can move on to threads that actually interest you, instead of baiting for an argument in this one.  

Thank you, I was sitting here waiting for your authorization.

In all honesty though, this thread does interest me, the music doesn't, but the thread sure does.

In all honesty though, this thread does interest me, the music doesn't, but the thread sure does.

You just made the most basic troll mistake.  Admitting you are a troll is amateur league.  Give someone enough rope, they hang themselves.

Change of subject.  Has anyone else preordered the vinyl copy of 1989 from Amazon?  I was thinking about buying a copy for a friend of my wife closer to Christmas, but I don't want the price to go up after the release.  Guardians of the Galaxy on vinyl went from $17 to $23 not long after release.

I PO'ed. getting mine for $14.99, whatuuuuuuuuup?!

tumblr_inline_mrrbobMKzl1qz4rgp.gif

You just made the most basic troll mistake.  Admitting you are a troll is amateur league.  Give someone enough rope, they hang themselves.

As for you, sir, stop baiting him. It's as annoying as he is being, and you're just encouraging him to continue.

You just made the most basic troll mistake. Admitting you are a troll is amateur league. Give someone enough rope, they hang themselves.

If I was trolling, I would have a lot more to say. :)

So, you are only interested in reading about things you agree with and like? Personally, that would be a bore.

Fortunately, I am stuck in a beautiful six feet of snow and looking for some records to buy. In the meantime, I finally have some time to waste and read a bunch of this hilarious thread, and made a comment. You are the one who can't let it go.

Didn't come off that way to me at all. I don't think she was invalidating people's opinions, or even trying to, just explaining that she wasn't a casual listener, that she loves music enough that she's dedicated her life to it and yet she still digs a mainstream pop artist like Swift.

No need to get butthurt.

Exactly what I was going for, thank you!

I didn't even name drop a single time!!!! NOT ONCE.

B1FE4FC4-E6EE-466D-9369-B4D7D2907D78.gif

Keyboard Tough Guys.

Almost 40 year old man with creepy crush on a girl nearly half his age. And people wonder why she ignores her neck beard demographic.

Never have I ever seen the Format ranked worse than them. VC will surprise you daily.

ICP know they suck and don't take themselves more seriously than they should. I can't say the same about The Format, some of the most generic indie drivel I have ever heard

Almost 40 year old man with creepy crush on a girl nearly half his age. And people wonder why she ignores her neck beard demographic.

ICP know they suck and don't take themselves more seriously than they should. I can't say the same about The Format, some of the most generic indie drivel I have ever heard

Incredible. This post speaks for itself. Calling Juan a neckbeard and then TF generic indie? So this is the VC I used to hear about.

Wow this shit took a turn. I've always had an issue with people demeaning others musical tastes, partly because I grew up with my aunt and uncle falsely telling me that rock and roll was "satan's music". Due to their ignorance I missed out on a lot of good music.

Secondly, I hate it because I listen to damn near everything and I constantly get the side eye or judgement from my less musically adventurous friends. That's not a good feeling.

If you have an issue with a certain band/artists, there are ways to express that without coming off as a complete ass clown.

I personally don't care for Taylor personally or musically but like someone said above, her lyrics are catchy and her marketing machine is a monster. As a business woman she gets my props. I'm not going to blast someone for liking her when I get blasted for liking Coheed and Cambria. You would think a group of grown ass adults could agree to disagree.

o-POT-MEET-KETTLE-570.jpg?1

All Ive said is that I dont like her new album and that Juan shit talks other bands but complains that people shit talk Taylor Swift.

Also in regards to Will's aunt and uncle, you havent missed out on a lot of music, it is still out there waiting for you to listen to it. Whether you listened to it at 15 or 29 doesnt matter, it still sounds the same and waiting to be rocked out to.