Angels & Airwaves - The Dream Walker - 12/9/14

CVHX

Will this get a separate press through another company? Would love to see this pressed in different colors, but I'm not paying an extra $20 to join their "fan club."

I wouldn't be surprised to see this get a SRC pressing, but probably not for a while.

The current pressings don't even ship until February.

From what I'm hearing, musically, this is by far their best record.  I'm giving it a listen.  I know it won't be groundbreaking, but hopefully I can find some enjoyment in it.  Also, the start of Paralyzed reminded me of a Cure song, until Tom threw in that riff that's been recycled 5 times.

EDIT:  The Wolfpack might be the best song they've ever done.  The chorus is so good.  *guilty pleasure* because this band was my life when I was 13.

i dont think ilan wrote most of the music, i think he was a really big influence on the change of direction the bands sound has taken and made tom step outside of what he was comfortable with writing and recording.

I keep getting customers coming to my store and ask me if we have the new album but I keep telling them it isn't on CD yet (in retail). When will the CD get a full retail release?

Possibly early next year.  

• 1 month later...

So thinking about picking this up, I haven't picked up an AVA album before. Love was ok, looking for something that has more or a box car racer edginess to if, if that even exists in the AVA realm. Thoughts?

You could always listen to the record yourself and see if you like it.

• 3 weeks later...