PO: Murder by Death - Big Dark Love (Kickstarter)

mesi

My wife and I are also in for the Saturday cave show! We have been looking for a reason to visit the Bourbon Trail so this one is as good as any! Also some of us have started a private FB group for those people attending the cave shows; if you wanna join, add me on Facebook and message me (or it we are already FB friends just message me).

My wife and I are also in for the Saturday cave show! We have been looking for a reason to visit the Bourbon Trail so this one is as good as any! Also some of us have started a private FB group for those people attending the cave shows; if you wanna join, add me on Facebook and message me (or it we are already FB friends just message me).

I would if I still had FB and my two other friends coming from Cleveland are probably going to do the Bourbon trail too!

They'll probhalu have $100,000 by tomorrow morning. It's nuts. I just hope the pledges don't start slowing down so much that they don't get the last $50k. Their last Kickstarter asked for $100k and raised $150k, so let's hope that happens again.

You can look back on kickstarter: asked for 100k got 187k, thats impressive to say the least.

They have always had the only Kickstarters really worth splurging on.

That first day number is reeeeal impressive still.

I'm glad I got the "previous Kickstarter supporter" early email. The two shows were just about sold out at 2pm.

Oh lawd me too! I saw that email, texted my friend and he said they had already bought tickets for the show and I had to hurry and catch them before the sold out.

I did go in for a Test Press clerk. Of In Bocca Al Lupo, probably not my favorite album, I think Red of Toot and Claw will always be my favorite, but it was the first album I ever heard by them so I got it for nostalgic reasons. 

I suspect if one ever hit eBay I could have got it cheaper, but I get all the other shit plus give money directly to one of my favorite bands. I think this means I have a 12" and 4" Whiskey Crew patch, so I'll get double drunk at the shows. I did want to do the Mystery Club, I was really torn between the two. 

Edit: I'm really glad the book is the same size as an LP and can shit on the shelf neatly. I have so much Third Man Vault brick-a-brack just lumped in a box. 

done. Also it looks like you know my friend Anna Marie. neat.

I did go in for a Test Press clerk. Of In Bocca Al Lupo, probably not my favorite album, I think Red of Toot and Claw will always be my favorite, but it was the first album I ever heard by them so I got it for nostalgic reasons.

I suspect if one ever hit eBay I could have got it cheaper, but I get all the other shit plus give money directly to one of my favorite bands. I think this means I have a 12" and 4" Whiskey Crew patch, so I'll get double drunk at the shows. I did want to do the Mystery Club, I was really torn between the two.

Edit: I'm really glad the book is the same size as an LP and can shit on the shelf neatly. I have so much Third Man Vault brick-a-brack just lumped in a box.

If you ever wanna trade that In Bocca test for a Bitter, Drink test I'd do it straight up. In Bocca is my favorite MBD album, but I couldn't swing another test this time. And I was too late for that one on their last Kickstarter.

EDIT: Just saw the "nostalgic" part, so I'm assuming you wouldn't consider this. But the offer will stand just in case!

Very cool Kickstarter.  Don't have much money and don't live near Kentucky.  So I am just in for the special edition vinyl.  The description of the album sounds cool.  Been a fan of these guys since Who Will Survive... While there have been some ebbs and flows, their entire discography is really good.

C'mon lads pledge more

STRETCH GOAL # 1: $187,040 Let's beat our last album's Kickstarter! If we do, all backers will receive free digital downloads of the cover songs YOU picked.

Aren't they already doing that? They said in the description that everyone would get free downloads of the covers. Do they mean from last KS?

C'mon lads pledge more

STRETCH GOAL # 1: $187,040 Let's beat our last album's Kickstarter! If we do, all backers will receive free digital downloads of the cover songs YOU picked.

A+ name. I've always thought of changing mine to that, haha.

• 1 month later...

I saw them last night at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. It's crazy that they play in my small little town. They already have the book out and I picked it up. I'm glad I just ordered the album because the book was cheaper at the show. I'm going again tonight and can't wait. They played 4 new songs that were pretty rad.

I saw them last night at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. It's crazy that they play in my small little town. They already have the book out and I picked it up. I'm glad I just ordered the album because the book was cheaper at the show. I'm going again tonight and can't wait. They played 4 new songs that were pretty rad.

You lucky bastard. I wanted to go to those shows so bad but it's so far away.

• 4 weeks later...

This band was from right down the road from me. Solid dudes and dudette. I put on a show here where they played "Who Will Survive" stuff before the "Who Will Survive" release show. It was awesome. A venue that typically had 50-100 in attendance sold out at 350.

Always be one of my favorite bands.

That's awesome. My wife & I once traveled to Bloomington from Ohio to catch a show at the Buskirk. Was awesome to see them in their hometown & then to hang out at a bar afterwards.