Velvet Underground & Nico, Newbury pressing

eshame

Speaking of this topic, are there any versions of this album in particular that are better than the others? There's, like, 30 different pressings of this damn thing.

There's this brand new pressing from Newbury Comics if you haven't heart about that one yet... for that price it's gotta sound amazing! Right guys?

Is this really collectible status? I mean, there are 900+ of them printed, and this already has hundreds of pressings. You're paying close to 50 bucks for it, shipped... how much return do you really expect to get down the road? 

I was tempted to grab it since I actually don't own the album yet but that starting price is absurd. 

Is this really collectible status? I mean, there are 900+ of them printed, and this already has hundreds of pressings. You're paying close to 50 bucks for it, shipped... how much return do you really expect to get down the road? 

I was tempted to grab it since I actually don't own the album yet but that starting price is absurd. 

Your best return will probably be realized if you move it "preorder" style on ebay in the next few days or a quick sale on disocgs when it first gets listed on there.. basically trying to capture a buyer that was choked they missed out on the preorder, after that no one will really care about it and it will fade into obscurity and go for around $20.. 

at least thats my take on it.

That's not the Kess I know. It's limited!

that hendrix remaster was pretty spot on.. newbury is just the name on the package though.

I know. I have a few of their recent Brighton Press items, I was just being sarcastic.

For what it's worth, despite the crazy prices, I've been really happy with the NC/BP releases I've picked up.

Both Al Green records they put out look and sound amazing. I definitely could have found them cheaper, but I enjoyed the esthetics of them as well.