PO: Guided by Voices - Bee Thousand

So a bit over 20 years ago we put out this album called Bee Thousand by a band from Dayton, Ohio called Guided By Voices. It's been out of print on vinyl since the late 90s, but that situation is coming to an end very soon (exact date tba). This pressing is not limited.

http://scatrecords.com/

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000057DNM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000057DNM&linkCode=as2&tag=modernvinylco-20&linkId=PIO4XQPL22HF2HS7

35_new.jpg

The directors cut 2xlp I have of this was one of my favorite purchases of alltime

I don't think I have heard all the b-sides, but have heard they're pretty solid. it seems (via Scat's website) that a separate LP with some of the tracks from the Director's Cut may be pressed as well. 

The directors cut 2xlp I have of this was one of my favorite purchases of alltime

Same. This is easily one of my favorite records so I will buy this without thinking. Love the art compared to Director's Cut too. Every single person in the world deserves to own a copy of this masterpiece.

I'll assume this will be original running order. I heard the Directors Cut changed that around which seems sacrilegious esp. with this album. Psyched to get this on vinyl finally

I like both versions but different strokes. Crocker'a Favorite Song was one of my favorites before it was remade.

Correction directors is a 3xlp...Yes its tracklisting is much different and song listing of 54 tracks

King Shit which is also mentioned is a comp that has songs from 88, 91 and 93 so it is not really in part with the Bee Thousand. It was contained originally in the BOX set.

Maybe later I will post my extensive GBV, Circus Devils, Boston Spaceships, Pollard solo, etc bands. Collection is close to 200 pieces

Here's the info on the Director's Cut.  It's basically an early running order for the album that was luckily scratched.  The one that was released was a far superior version.  Most of the songs that weren't on the regular issue were released on the King Shit & The Golden Boys comp and the Suitcase box set, and weren't that great.  They were replaced with I Am A Scientist, Goldstar For Robot Boy, Hardcore UFOs, Mincer Ray and Big Fan Of The Pigpen - none of which were on the planned original release.

http://www.scatrecords.com/65tracklist.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...