intheclouds 12 Lathes of Christmas

RadDonut

All these reviews don't make me look forward to my package... <_<:blink::wacko:

Still waiting on mine to arrive; probably sitting at customs once again!

What really bothers me is that even though Lauryn was kind enough to give me her spot for the Stepfriends 12" Lathe Cut (some time in November!), none of my/her mails were answered...now, the recording of the personalized message from the band is probably over and I'll end up without one ........

I was thinking about this last night. Hopefully they at least saw the emails and are trying....

Regardless of what happens, I am still willing to ship the record to you if you're ok with that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, got the three. the NGHBRS record(#1/8), the Black And The White record (#5/9) and the TREOS record (#6/12). I've decided I'm just going to sell them. Books this semester are wicked expensive.

It won't really be on a first-come-first-serve basis though since I think that's a little unfair, considering how these things were sold in the first place. I'll just take offers or something and work things out with anyone who actually messages me.

Cheers, and just shoot me a PM with an offer if you wanna buy them.

Alright, got the three. the NGHBRS record(#1/8), the Black And The White record (#5/9) and the TREOS record (#6/12). I've decided I'm just going to sell them. Books this semester are wicked expensive.

It won't really be on a first-come-first-serve basis though since I think that's a little unfair, considering how these things were sold in the first place. I'll just take offers or something and work things out with anyone who actually messages me.

Cheers, and just shoot me a PM with an offer if you wanna buy them.

As an owner of this label, seeing this really bums me out. You grabbed 3 of 78 extremely rare records, that other people badly wanted. You've had them for less than a month. You're now trying to flip them for "fair offers" because you have expenses (which happens, I get it) - but if you're serious about being fair, I'd encourage you to sell these to people for their original cost.  Dan and I could have sold these for $50+, maybe even $100+, and still sold out - but we didn't. We sold them for a price so cheap that we only broke even on the campaign. So for you to flip them just seems silly.

And you commented here that you were willing to sell before you even received them. Which is just tacky.

Obviously I have no control over this - they're your records, and you can do with them what you please.

As an owner of this label, seeing this really bums me out. You grabbed 3 of 78 extremely rare records, that other people badly wanted. You've had them for less than a month. You're now trying to flip them for "fair offers" because you have expenses (which happens, I get it) - but if you're serious about being fair, I'd encourage you to sell these to people for their original cost.  Dan and I could have sold these for $50+, maybe even $100+, and still sold out - but we didn't. We sold them for a price so cheap that we only broke even on the campaign. So for you to flip them just seems silly.

And you commented here that you were willing to sell before you even received them. Which is just tacky.

Obviously I have no control over this - they're your records, and you can do with them what you please.

Ack. Yeah, this... is probably a pretty shitty thing for me to do. I don't really know what I should do about it and I'm sorry for reselling, but since only one person has expressed interest in anything besides the TREOS lathe I'll just sell them to him for cost, I guess. I mean, I understand what you're saying, but it was just a really fun thing to try and buy the records because they each sold instantly - I mean, there's no guarantee anyone else who wanted the records would have been able to buy them at that given time, but yeah... I'll just sell the /8 for cost to the guy who wants it and probably keep the /9, unless he wants it for cost.

Sorry if I made people mad. I really should stay out of things like these unless I'm 100% committed to keeping the records.

(again, to be fair the lathes skip a lot on my at-lp60 so i don't really have any reason to keep them for playing either. they'd just sit around..)

as stated by me about a million times on here and various other places.  I would gladly buy any of the ones I couldn't get at cost + shipping.

Tried every day to get these that I could...but was in the hospital with my wife in labor so I obviously missed all the ones that came out once that started...

I really hope all of these get a bigger release. I got one of the lathes, and it's unlistenable. From the comments, it seems I'm not the only one who has that problem, but it is what it is. 

i hope they all get legit releases as well! as much as i love my lathes, a few listens and i can already hear the sound quality degrading. welp. such is the nature of lathes. kinda sucks to feel like i can't actually spin them a bunch of times as much as i would love to do so :/

Nicely said. When I inquired about the TREOS the going offer was at $130. It probably went for more. I'm just glad it is in the hands of a true TREOS fan.

as stated by me about a million times on here and various other places. I would gladly buy any of the ones I couldn't get at cost + shipping.

Tried every day to get these that I could...but was in the hospital with my wife in labor so I obviously missed all the ones that came out once that started...

Please keep these in your personal collection

$130? Are you serious? :-O

Got the message if you want to see it haha. My favorite part of the response was 'it was just a really fun thing to try and buy the records because they each sold instantly'. Oh and the part about selling before even having them. You should buy them cause you like and want them in your personal collection. What a shitty thing to do.