Hot Topic Vinyl Finds

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hot topic here doesnt even have a music section. which supposedly is a common thing, but I had never heard of it. I mean, how can you have a store with roots in punk rock, metal, indie, and other music, .....and not carry any music. no formats, no cds, vinyl, nothing. it honestly blew my mind, and i was embaressed I had walked in (what i had later realized was) a stupid clothing store.

the hot topic here doesnt even have a music section. which supposedly is a common thing, but I had never heard of it. I mean, how can you have a store with roots in punk rock, metal, indie, and other music, .....and not carry any music. no formats, no cds, vinyl, nothing. it honestly blew my mind, and i was embaressed I had walked in (what i had later realized was) a stupid clothing store.

I have never honestly been in one, but i assumed they were all clothign stores for marilyn manson/slipnot/mall punk fans.

If i knew anything about the bands whose stuff is sold here, this seems like a good place to buy + flip records from.

Is there a music store in the mall? They may have a "non-compete" clause is their lease which prevents other music selling stores from opening/operating in the same area.

the coolest thing i ever picked up there was the postal service - give up on clear. they are supposedly out of 100 but i don't necessarily believe that.

ah yea there was one of those too, don't know the color though...

it was 3+ years ago that i found it. i would assume all copies in hot topic now are on white. i guess you never know.

Is there a music store in the mall? They may have a "non-compete" clause is their lease which prevents other music selling stores from opening/operating in the same area.

im almost positive there is no music store in the mall at all. ive only been there about 2 or 3 times though. i mean it has to do wonders for the local records shops around here, but the point is, is that i went in to a hot topic clothing store.... i walked around for like 3 min trying to find a cd or vinyl rack, and eventualy had to talk to one of the employees.

I am actually really surprised by this because hot topics tag line is "all about the music" the company even pays for their employees to go to any show they want to as long as they write up a review of the band afterwards.

There is no non-complete clause. I used to work at a Hot Topic in the Minneapolis area, and we were right next to a Sam Goody. Same thing with the Mall Of America. I think most music stores are just going under.

I am actually really surprised by this because hot topics tag line is "all about the music" the company even pays for their employees to go to any show they want to as long as they write up a review of the band afterwards.

do they pay for the gas too? if so im applying immedietly. but really how would that work. what if i said i was going to like... The Cure? and a ticket was $100? and instead i took a roadtrip to see some other band. I could write a cure review without even ever seeing them. is there a limit? Im becoming overly intrested.

edit* i wrote that without realizing there was a robert smith avatar on this page, i was just thinking of a band that was on tour in this area soon.

I just recently discovered that they sold records. i was in there with my friend buying a shirt for some girl and i saw the Vampire Weekend 12"... I am barely getting in to them so i was like, BAM!, snagged it... it was 15 buck, overpriced but I will check for better deals in the future.