Hot Topic Vinyl Finds

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually really surprised by this because hot topics tag line is "all about the music" the company even pays for their employees to go to any show they want to as long as they write up a review of the band afterwards.

do they pay for the gas too? if so im applying immedietly. but really how would that work. what if i said i was going to like... The Cure? and a ticket was $100? and instead i took a roadtrip to see some other band. I could write a cure review without even ever seeing them. is there a limit? Im becoming overly intrested.

edit* i wrote that without realizing there was a robert smith avatar on this page, i was just thinking of a band that was on tour in this area soon.

you have to turn in your ticket stub so if you went to see another band it wouldn't be on their money (unless you took someone else's stub hmmm)... and they don't pay for gas :( that would be too awesome if they did

I am not sure about a money limit I really don't think there is one but I think it does hae to be a band that they would consider selling merch for... so they wouldn't pay for garth brooks tickets or anything hahahaha

do they pay for the gas too? if so im applying immedietly. but really how would that work. what if i said i was going to like... The Cure? and a ticket was $100? and instead i took a roadtrip to see some other band. I could write a cure review without even ever seeing them. is there a limit? Im becoming overly intrested.

edit* i wrote that without realizing there was a robert smith avatar on this page, i was just thinking of a band that was on tour in this area soon.

you have to turn in your ticket stub so if you went to see another band it wouldn't be on their money (unless you took someone else's stub hmmm)... and they don't pay for gas :( that would be too awesome if they did

I am not sure about a money limit I really don't think there is one but I think it does hae to be a band that they would consider selling merch for... so they wouldn't pay for garth brooks tickets or anything hahahaha

but Garth brooks tickets were on $20, every seat in the house. I've never seen him, but I remember a looooong time ago when he did tour regularly, watching some tv show about him and he was saying that he was an playing music for the working class. That he made enough money at $20 a ticket and his fans could actually afford to see him play...so needless to say...every show was sold out.

but Garth brooks tickets were on $20, every seat in the house. I've never seen him, but I remember a looooong time ago when he did tour regularly, watching some tv show about him and he was saying that he was an playing music for the working class. That he made enough money at $20 a ticket and his fans could actually afford to see him play...so needless to say...every show was sold out.

Garth Brooks goes up a notch in my book for that. That's a swell thing to do.

I've bought way too much from there in the last few months... found some good stuff though...

Mars Volta "Frances" Lp Single (Green Marble) * $4 on clearance

AFI "DecemberUnderground" Box Set 7"s (Clear) * $12 on clearance

Cradle Of Filth "Thornography" Ep 10" (Picture Disc) * $4 on clearance

Poison The Well "Versions" Lp (Coke Bottle Bottle / Clear)

Kingdom Of Sorrow LP (Blue)

This is Hell "misfortunes" LP (yellow)

Paint It Black "New Lexicon" LP (white)

Blacklisted "Peace On Earth" 7" (white/clear)

New Found Glory "Tip Of the Iceberg" 7" (red/black)

This Is Hell "Cripplers" 7"

Fueled By Ramen 7" Box Set * on clearance for $11

Modern Life is War "Stagger Lee" 7" w/ CD (clear/blue)

there's probably more... but that's all I remember right now

I just got Rancid - Radio 7" and Against Me! - The Disco Before the Breakdown EP 7" and Reinventing Axl Rose as well... anyone ever notice the writing on the inside of the Reinventing Axl Rose record?? It says "if you can read this take a bath" right where the serial numbers pressing stuff is usually written..

they had a bunch of the godammit re-issues.. mostly the all red ones..

snagged against me! - reinventing axl rose today. surprisingly they had a lot of of stuff when i was browsing through..

alkaline trio/hot water music split

every time i die - the big dirty

against me! - the disco before the breakdown

new found glory - tip of the iceberg and ISHC

a bunch of paint it black

I don't think my local Hot Topic even has a clearance rack, so every time I see a thread like this I get excited, go there and find nothing but overpriced vinyl. Although I did buy Paint it Black and... something else there for competitive prices once.

At the Carousel Mall in Syracuse they have nothing but Dr. Dre LPs.

I don't think my local Hot Topic even has a clearance rack, so every time I see a thread like this I get excited, go there and find nothing but overpriced vinyl. Although I did buy Paint it Black and... something else there for competitive prices once.

At the Carousel Mall in Syracuse they have nothing but Dr. Dre LPs.

Yeah, I usually try to go there if they're having a sale or if a lot of people are saying they got stuff for cheap or on sale, but mine never has shit on sale. Nothing really special is ever anyways.