Mondo Steelbook: Looper

Mondo x SteelBook #001: LOOPER DEC 16, 2014

LooperSteelBook_grande.jpg?14941

We’ve already talked about Mondo x SteelBook volumes #000 and #002, so it seems fitting that our latest announcement  #001, Looper, is operating on an alternate timeline. We’re so excited to announce this edition of Rian Johnson’s 2012 Time-Travel thriller as it was one of the first choices for our on-going SteelBook collaboration. Martin Ansin’s take on the movie was the perfect treatment for this volume. 

We set out to be as detailed as possible, using alternating metallics and a combination of satin and glossy finishes in the artwork to differentiate between Joe and Sara’s timelines. Martin created brand new illustrations for the Blu-Ray and DVD discs based on the 1840’s antique Dent Ottoman Pocket-Watch featured in the movie. As you’ve come to expect, its volume number is printed at the top of the spine and there’ll be two versions available, both based on Martin’s original screen print

LooperinsideDiscsnoinsert_blog_grande.jp

Standard Edition

SteelBook with Translucent Sleeve

Looper-with-sleeve_blog_grande.jpg?14941

LooperBackwithvsleeve_grande.jpg?14941

Individually-Numbered Variant - Limited to 2044 copies

SteelBook with individually numbered, gold-tint sleeve - sans-credits

Looper-with-variant-sleeve_grande.jpg?14

LooperBackwithvariantsleeve_grande.jpg?1

Special Features 

Feature Commentary with Rian Johnson, Emily Blunt and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary

Looper: From the Beginning

Scoring Looper

Looper Animated Trailer

Blu-Ray Exclusives

The Science of Time Travel

Additional Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary

Blu-Ray / DVD / Digital download copy

Audio: English & French 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

Subtitles: English SDH and French STH

Feature RT: 119 min

Overall Canadian rating: 14A 

The Looper SteelBook is available for pre-order now and will be available from Entertainment One Canada on February 24, online and in-stores via Futureshop Canada.

Click here to Pre-Order now! 

(Delivers to Canadian addresses only)

Shit, I should have checked here first, I just bought this, haha.

I haven't run a group buy before, but I'd be down.

I think we all just send you money and you order it. Haha. Probably set a limit of 10-15 people though. It gets crazy when there is a lot. I had over 30 Halloween records and shit got out of hand. Haha.

Well, I'm willing, but please know that I don't have much time to devote to this sort of undertaking so if shipping is delayed you've been warned.  I've never shipped DVDs/BR before, so I'll have to look into the best way to do that... I'm thinking bubble envelopes with the steelbook sandwiched between cardboard?  I have plenty of cardboard, but I'll have to source somewhere cheap to ship pick up envelopes (the price will be added on to your shipping cost).

One plus side is that shipping (to me) is free, and futureshop.ca accepts PayPal as payment.  SO, if you PM me I'll give you my mailing address and YOU go buy it on futureshop.ca, ship it to me, and when I receive it we'll work out what shipping to you will be.

To give you an idea of what shipping will cost you, the very basic shipping option to the US for a package of what I'm guessing will be the size/weight is $10.66 CAD (right now, roughly $9.16 USD).  I won't be able to give you an exact price until I have it in hand and can weight/measure it all packed up.

The "Group Buy" (for lack of a better term) is on!  Go here for details:  http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/108677-looper-mondo-steelbook-001-group-buy/