The Most Beautiful Song You've Ever Heard...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

/thread

The only reason people like that song is because he died. It was middling when Leonard Cohen did it, and it was middling when Buckley did it. Totally xScrubsxcorex.

Not true. Jeff Buckley had a great voice and he made that song work. I always hated the Leonard Cohen version, even before I heard Buckley's. I'll agree that the song became popular after he died, but that can't be an indicator. Also, your screen name ends in ramone...three fourths of the original ramones are dead too...from that I deduce that you only like the ramones because most of them are dead.

^^^ HAHA, car crashes always do sound beautiful

Anywho, I was just listening to As Cities Burn, Timothy on Come Now, Sleep. Probably wouldn't be so haunting if not for the fact that they sing about their recently deceased friend and yet are in no way agrandising about him, infact they portray him in quite an undesirable way.

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

/thread

The only reason people like that song is because he died. It was middling when Leonard Cohen did it, and it was middling when Buckley did it. Totally xScrubsxcorex.

Yeah, because you can just pinpoint everyone who listens to that song, can you? I heard it without knowing who the hell he was and was just BLOWN AWAY by the song. I'm not a big fan of the Leonard Cohen version and the Rufus Wainwright version (as seen in Shrek) was just a massacre.

Guest genericinsight
Jimmy Eat World - Hear You Me

seriously? have you not heard "For Me This Is Heaven"?

That's not my personal pick for "most beautiful" song from Clarity (I know you didn't ask me, just throwing out my 2 cents). I'm partial to Just Watch The Fireworks.

seriously? have you not heard "For Me This Is Heaven"?

That's not my personal pick for "most beautiful" song from Clarity (I know you didn't ask me, just throwing out my 2 cents). I'm partial to Just Watch The Fireworks.

more cents! from clarity i have to go with goodbye sky harbor. they have too many good ones to pick that id have to throw "23" and "roller queen" into the debate.