PO: Calexico's Edge of the Sun on Anti-

Calexico's ninth LP called Edge of the Sun due on April 12th, 2015.

Check out their new song here.  (Spoiler, its really, really good.)

US:

Deluxe /2500 2xLP colored version with the 2nd LP being a 6 song bonus disc with a D-side etching $29.99

Standard 180 gram black version $17.99

Both versions available with T-shirt bundles

Overseas:

Both versions available via Rough Trade and there is also a live show bundle at the Rough Trade East

This new song is really good! I kind of love this band so much. 

I'd really love a curated 3xLP boxset or something. I really dig some of their stuff but I'm not super into the entire catalog. 

See, I'm the complete opposite, I favor all their stuff.  I only have Feast Of Wire and Garden Ruin on vinyl though, but I really would love to pick up the rest at some point.

I think I like it all, but I tend to make playlists with a few tracks from each album. Weirdly though, I would probably like them more if I couldn't skip tracks. I haven't given a lot of the work enough time. 

You have any other bands like them? I have a lot of spanish language stuff that is similar but I'd love to find more bands with this sound. 

You have any other bands like them? I have a lot of spanish language stuff that is similar but I'd love to find more bands with this sound. 

I've never been able to find a band that put together this specific "tex-mex" sound like Calexico, other than actual spanish language stuff, like you said.  These guys kind of broke the mold, me thinks.

Garden Ruin is the only album I don't like.  Love the rest of their catalog.  Their tour LPs are my favorites, especially Tool Box.  I'll be grabbing that 2xLP, but I wish they offered it in black.

Tool Box is such a great album - and is one of the best sounding vinyl in my collection for sure!

• 4 months later...