PO: DGD - INSTANT GRATIFICATION 4/14

Excuse the Instagram picture, but I got my cyan/clear copy in the mail yesterday. The gatefold is great, the lyric sheet is nice and heavy (feels almost like coarse card stock), and I really appreciate the CD copy they threw in too, since my damn car doesn't have aux input.

11142755_1422348101405096_408616647_n.jp

Mmmmmm... hope mine gets here soon.

Just asked a local if they got this in today, and surprise surprise, they didn't. They said no one preordered or prepaid, so they didn't get it in.

When did it become our jobs to stock local record shops with relevant releases?

I feel like it is dependent on the type of staff that works at the record store.  It's the same way around me, which is why I have spoken on here about how much I don't really dig the selection at actual record stores.  People think I'm crazy for my stance on the record store vs. buying online topic, but the stores around me rarely have anything worthwhile, and when they do have things I'd buy, usually they're records I could buy online cheaper even with shipping costs included.  Obviously, not all record stores are like this, but the ones around me definitely do not impress me.

On the topic of DGD, I am pretty happy to see what the pre-order variant with the shirt looks like.  I have been so busy that I haven't been able to listen yet (received it yesterday) but I'm wearing the shirt today and I can dig it for sure!

I feel like it is dependent on the type of staff that works at the record store. It's the same way around me, which is why I have spoken on here about how much I don't really dig the selection at actual record stores. People think I'm crazy for my stance on the record store vs. buying online topic, but the stores around me rarely have anything worthwhile, and when they do have things I'd buy, usually they're records I could buy online cheaper even with shipping costs included. Obviously, not all record stores are like this, but the ones around me definitely do not impress me.

On the topic of DGD, I am pretty happy to see what the pre-order variant with the shirt looks like. I have been so busy that I haven't been able to listen yet (received it yesterday) but I'm wearing the shirt today and I can dig it for sure!

Sad thing is, he didn't get any other new releases in, at least not on vinyl. However, he had some rare shit that was obviously obtained when someone needed rent.

Senses Fail- The Fire on peach

Fall of Troy - Doppelgänger second pressing, black/maroon with bone splatter I believe

Valencia- We All Need A Reason To Believe on mint green

I told him that a Doppelgänger repress was about to be announced (literally 30 minutes before ETR posted the new variants), and that he probably wouldn't get $50 out of it now. His response: "Well, I have the original pressing." Wrong. But I kept my mouth shut, because I nabbed a sealed copy of The Bronx's s/t for $13. The cheapest on Discogs is $125 and it's been played.

Finally just listened to this for the first time.

All I can say is "holy shit."  This is probably the best/my favorite thing they've done since Downtown Battle Mountain (1).  Just incredible.  How can a band on their 7th album (including their EP) and so many member changes continue to just blow me away time and time again?  Bravo Dance Gavin Dance.  As always, you're the best.

Finally just listened to this for the first time.

All I can say is "holy shit." This is probably the best/my favorite thing they've done since Downtown Battle Mountain (1). Just incredible. How can a band on their 7th album (including their EP) and so many member changes continue to just blow me away time and time again? Bravo Dance Gavin Dance. As always, you're the best.

For real. This one is incredible. This band is gold.

Will always support Dance Gavin Dance. <3