PO Now: Tallest Man on Earth "Dark Bird is Home" (ltd white vinyl)

I have never been the biggest fan, but I really like the new song. The full band makes his voice not so jarring. I could see myself really liking this new LP.

I agree - Although I'm a fan of all of his work, I think this LP should be great with that full band aspect. Adds a new element to his work that we really haven't seen before.

• 1 month later...

Tried it out this morning and thought it was pretty decent on the first go-'round.  I personally enjoy the more "bare" sound of just Kristian and his guitar, but the inclusion of the wider "band sound" wasn't a terrible choice.  There were [only] a few songs that rubbed me as a little commercial or radio-ready, but otherwise it feels like a really nice addition to his already-solid discography.

I should say that I'm not too familiar with his previous material.  But I'm assuming this is a lot more accessible than his older stuff, because from the songs I have heard, he used to have super intricate guitar parts.  

And Darkness of the Dream is really poppy, but I dig it.  It kind of reminds me of a Jack's Mannequin song?  Ha.

I should say that I'm not too familiar with his previous material.  But I'm assuming this is a lot more accessible than his older stuff, because from the songs I have heard, he used to have super intricate guitar parts.  

And Darkness of the Dream is really poppy, but I dig it.  It kind of reminds me of a Jack's Mannequin song?  Ha.

I wouldn't say that his older stuff is any tougher to get into.  I really enjoyed his play style and vocal delivery right out of the gates, personally.  I strongly encourage you to try out the back catalog.  Let me know if you need a hand obtaining it.

I also hate arriving to any sort of concrete conclusion after just one listen, so any of my first impressions are definitely meant to be taken with a grain of salt.  That being said, I was far and away from disappointed with the new album.  It'll just be interesting to see how much it grows on me through the year.

I wouldn't say that his older stuff is any tougher to get into.  I really enjoyed his play style and vocal delivery right out of the gates, personally.  I strongly encourage you to try out the back catalog.  Let me know if you need a hand obtaining it.

I also hate arriving to any sort of concrete conclusion after just one listen, so any of my first impressions are definitely meant to be taken with a grain of salt.  That being said, I was far and away from disappointed with the new album.  It'll just be interesting to see how much it grows on me through the year.

Yeah, I guess "accessible" probably wasn't the best word to use.  I know a handful of people I would consider "casual music fans" who are really into him.  This just seems poppier.  And thanks for the offer, but what.cd's got me covered.  

This album was a nice surprise though.  He isn't an artist I've ever followed, so finding a new record you dig when you're not expecting it is always cool.

After listening to it a few times, I ended up cancelling my preorder for the deluxe edition. Was going to come to $70 cdn and I just don't like the album enough. Might pick up the regular black pressing if it ends up growing on me.

WOW ya def not a $70 album by a LONG shot! I think it will grow on you more, so just grab a standard edition...At that price it will NEVER be worth that much on the secondary market (not that that really matters or anything) but most would agree, if the special edition record your only 'so so' about, isn't worth paying more than its 'possible' worth down the road...

• 3 weeks later...

Got shipping confirmation today. Went with standard black to keep with the rest of my TMOE collection, and because the deluxe was way too much money for what it contained. Really like the album tho!

stores are carrying the white edition just in case you were wondering...but you said you want all black which is cool...but I got mine for $17 from bull moose (white copy)

can't wait to get this, one of my fav albums of 2015 for sure!

stores are carrying the white edition just in case you were wondering...but you said you want all black which is cool...but I got mine for $17 from bull moose (white copy)

can't wait to get this, one of my fav albums of 2015 for sure!

Might consider that down the road, just a little strapped for money lately with Mewithoutyou and Rosetta pre-orders recently :o:wacko::o