PO: Nate Ruess - Grand Romantic (6/16/15)

Ordered the CD, since it will have an extended album booklet (which appears to be exclusive to the webstore)... I was also one of the first 900 so it's gonna be autographed. $18 shipped.

I do enjoy the box shirt, but I refuse to buy "pre-order package" shirts... they never turn out well. I'll wait til his tour and grab one.

Curious how the cassette will do... it's out of 1000. I'd expect those to be available on tour too

Ordered the CD, since it will have an extended album booklet (which appears to be exclusive to the webstore)... I was also one of the first 900 so it's gonna be autographed. $18 shipped.

I do enjoy the box shirt, but I refuse to buy "pre-order package" shirts... they never turn out well. I'll wait til his tour and grab one.

Curious how the cassette will do... it's out of 1000. I'd expect those to be available on tour too

I did the same. I'm excited for the signed CD booklet

No word on a vinyl release yet, right?

An email about pre-orders that was sent out said..

"P.S. Unfortunately we won't have vinyl until later this year, but we do have 1000 limited edition pink Grand Romantic cassette tapes. Tapes! Not to mention some new t-shirts."

They also replied to a comment on Facebook asking about vinyl.. they said "Vinyl is coming this fall."

• 3 weeks later...

I love Nate and can't wait for this album. Kind of bummed I missed out on the bundle with the poster. 

Time to go down a trip down memory lane. I grew up in the Phoenix, AZ area, and saw Nate and Sam all the time live, they were always one of my favorite bands. My single most memorable experience in music was being a 14 year old at a Something Corporate show that my girlfriend's older brother's band was one of the opening bands for, and so was The Format. Right before her brother's band went on we had a fight and broke up, so little emo me was out on the patio just distraught over the break up and two guys walked up to make sure I was ok. They sat down next to me, offered me a smoke and we got to chatting. It was Nate and Sam. Nicest guys ever, and so genuine. They both signed each side of my shoes, gave me some parting words of advice on teenage relationships and got up and walked inside to get ready for their set. 

I love Nate and can't wait for this album. Kind of bummed I missed out on the bundle with the poster. 

Time to go down a trip down memory lane. I grew up in the Phoenix, AZ area, and saw Nate and Sam all the time live, they were always one of my favorite bands. My single most memorable experience in music was being a 14 year old at a Something Corporate show that my girlfriend's older brother's band was one of the opening bands for, and so was The Format. Right before her brother's band went on we had a fight and broke up, so little emo me was out on the patio just distraught over the break up and two guys walked up to make sure I was ok. They sat down next to me, offered me a smoke and we got to chatting. It was Nate and Sam. Nicest guys ever, and so genuine. They both signed each side of my shoes, gave me some parting words of advice on teenage relationships and got up and walked inside to get ready for their set. 

That's a story for the grandkids.... very cool.

Almost skipped this post. Glad I didn't. Pretty cool story.

Already mentioned on the 1st post, but from Nates Reddit AMA today:

My question(s) for you are: Why was the album not issued on Vinyl? I'm a Vinyl freak and really thought this would be on Vinyl. 

[–]IamNateRuess [S] 21 points

4 hours ago 

The album isn't on vinyl yet, cuz Sam and I took til the very last second to turn it in. And apparently these days vinyl takes like, 15 years to press. But look for it in the fall.

• 5 months later...