Last Man On Earth TV Show

Finally watched all 3 episodes. This show is great. Loved everything about it so far except January Jones being in it. Her acting is great for Mad Men, not for comedy. Unless she's going to bring some 'stuck up' character traits to the show. I think one of the things that can ruin this show is introducing to many new characters at once. It's fun when you put 2-3 people in an empty world and see what happens.

Didn't even realize there was a thread for this. Had really high hopes for the show because Will Forte. It started off really good, but didn't care for the most recent episode. The more comedy the better.  Also, every time Kristen Schaal speaks I imagine Louise from Bob's Burgers.   

I just checked out the latest episode and didn't want to open this thread before I watch it in case of spoilers, but I pretty much agree with everyone above. The first few episodes were amazing, but this last one took a boring/uninteresting turn for me. I really hope they surprise me and move on from this "triangle plot" as soon as possible, because the potential is definitely there.

I just checked out the latest episode and didn't want to open this thread before I watch it in case of spoilers, but I pretty much agree with everyone above. The first few episodes were amazing, but this last one took a boring/uninteresting turn for me. I really hope they surprise me and move on from this "triangle plot" as soon as possible, because the potential is definitely there.

I think they will.  The team behind it is good enough that I can't imagine that it'll be what we expect.  I hope not anyway.

Between this and Man Seeking Woman I feel like I'm being ushered into a new wave of glorious, glorious television, though Man Seeking Woman can too cringey for me at times.

I'm pretty lukewarm on Man Seeking Woman.  I like the surreal elements of it, but I find it a little bland.  I'll keep watching it through this (and the second) second, but I wouldn't miss it if it went off the air today.

I think they will.  The team behind it is good enough that I can't imagine that it'll be what we expect.  I hope not anyway.

Yeah, to be fair all of the previous episodes always hinted at something I would have expected and then went in a totally different direction. If they manage to keep it up for the rest of the season it could easily end up being my favorite new show.

Yeah, to be fair all of the previous episodes always hinted at something I would have expected and then went in a totally different direction. If they manage to keep it up for the rest of the season it could easily end up being my favorite new show.

I think this is something that might benefit from watching in a few days, as opposed to weekly.  It seems to me that the pieces move into place just as an episode ends.  I'm glad there are two episodes on tomorrow, it'll give a better idea of where the show lands (and if it'll address some of the complaints that have been brought up).  I have faith.

Ugh, those last two eps were pretty bad. ANOTHER character, & Phil just annoying the shit outta me.

It's been known that all these people have been cast for a while now.  There's one more person too.  I don't really like the way they introduce a character and then the episode ends.  It works once, but twice is just annoying.  Fortunately, they aired two last night and it wasn't as bad.

http://www.avclub.com/article/january-jones-and-kristen-schaal-join-foxs-confusi-212463

Phil is so...shitty now. I hate the fact he's like that. My lady too, she seriously wanted to punch him through the TV, haha.

What do you mean now? I don't think he was ever really established as a 'good guy'.

It's been known that all these people have been cast for a while now. There's one more person too. I don't really like the way they introduce a character and then the episode ends. It works once, but twice is just annoying. Fortunately, they aired two last night and it wasn't as bad.

http://www.avclub.com/article/january-jones-and-kristen-schaal-join-foxs-confusi-212463

What do you mean now? I don't think he was ever really established as a 'good guy'.

True. I just liked him more before Melissa showed up, I guess.

My initial enthusiasm about the show lasted 3 episodes. The last episode was unrealistic. In the span of what seemed like a few days, Melissa is so into Todd? I found one hint of hope on IMDB. Only Phil and Carol are listed as being in all 13 episodes. So something must happen with Melissa and Todd before the end of the season. Melissa is in only 8 episodes and Todd only 6.