Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

I am now going to post videos of every boss fight I do for no reason other than to satisfy myself, starting with the third boss.

First attempt I had like no poison resistance so by the time I got him down to a quarter or so health his sweat was poisoning me faster than I could hit him. Here's try #2. I don't really do any damage for the first half of the video because I was just looking for a good spot to fight him. Rooks the end is for you.

Edit: Just realized I didn't get hit again after I got him to 50% health. I'm really interested in seeing more people upload their fights. It's always cool seeing everyone's different strategies.

I've been thinking about it though... I I

think it's like dark souls 2. Think about it... Real Real game doesn't start until ng+. Consider: you can max a weapon before moving to ng+. Armor can't be levelled. So, your character is maxed out before you finish ng. But, in ng+ enemies have more health hit harder... Hopefully some added challenge there.

Made SO much progress last night. I checked my trophy list, I have 5 bosses left to kill and I'm right outside the gate to 1 of them in my game right now. And I know where 1 of the other 4 is. Getting close to some end game shenanigans.

I've also cleared 3 chalice dungeons and have a bunch of rituals for higher level ones I am looking forward to exploring this weekend.

also, quadruple post but IDGAF.

Seems I was wrong last night Batman. Insight definitely scales difficulty up. And you see things... differently. It's pretty cool. There's some hidden things you find at higher insight. Some enemies suck insight from you. All enemies scale harder with higher insight levels. Would explain why some shit is a bitch to me I have like 40 insight right now.

also i'm reading TONS of articles and posts about how OP the axe is. and lots of people confirming that the whip made things a lot harder. Explains why it took me so long to beat the first four bosses but I've been zipping through the rest of the game using my Greatsword.

Axe = OP as FUCK. Can use it all the way through endgame

Whip = makes the first four bosses very challenging and never really gets better.

also i'm reading TONS of articles and posts about how OP the axe is. and lots of people confirming that the whip made things a lot harder. Explains why it took me so long to beat the first four bosses but I've been zipping through the rest of the game using my Greatsword.

Axe = OP as FUCK. Can use it all the way through endgame

Whip = makes the first four bosses very challenging and never really gets better.

It's only good if you don't know how to use the gun. I've been using all the weapons and the only one that isn't amazing is the cane.

It's only good if you don't know how to use the gun. I've been using all the weapons and the only one that isn't amazing is the cane.

You're right about that. I think DEX builds seem really weak right now, but only because people haven't taken the time to learn the gun mechanics (GUILTY).  The cane/whip and the mercy blade (dual daggers) SEEM weak as balls because you cannot stagger or stop an enemy's attack animation with them alone. But, using a gun would allow you to do that pretty easily. 

So.

I think the two builds this time around are (drumroll)

DEX: High Skill and High Bloodtinge. Allows for better weapon usage for staggering and faster attacks with high scaling on Dex with shorter weapons.

STR: High Strength and High Arcane. Later weapons go up to A and S scaling on STR and Arcane.

Wow. 4 games in and I finally learned you have to hold X.

oh by the way. if you are still having trouble with the button configuration. you can abuse the new PS4 update.

Rebind your buttons through PS4 settings. They will stay that way for anything you do/play. But, if you are playing Bloodborne 99% of the time and REALLY hate the button configuration, there is your workaround.

Finally started today!  Lone Survivor with the cane.  I love it.  Haven't made it too far because I suck and keep dying.  The furthest I've gotten was

this sewer area with a couple giant rats.  I jumped down there to fight them and thought "this isn't so bad."  Then a tall werewolf looking guy with a spear or something came out and attacked me from behind."

Then I started getting dumb and dying in some of the parts I easily made it through earlier.  I'm having a lot of fun though.  But you know the worst part?  Those fucking loading times.  I know there's talks of getting them fixed, but still.  Almost makes me want to wait until that happens cause when I die, I want to get right back in there and start at it again, not wait another 3 minutes.  Just pisses me off the more it makes me sit and stew on what I just did lol.

Any helpful/non-spoiley advice though?  Besides how I fucked up by picking the cane, which I just read you guys said, haha.

Finally started today!  Lone Survivor with the cane.  I love it.  Haven't made it too far because I suck and keep dying.  The furthest I've gotten was

this sewer area with a couple giant rats.  I jumped down there to fight them and thought "this isn't so bad."  Then a tall werewolf looking guy with a spear or something came out and attacked me from behind."

Then I started getting dumb and dying in some of the parts I easily made it through earlier.  I'm having a lot of fun though.  But you know the worst part?  Those fucking loading times.  I know there's talks of getting them fixed, but still.  Almost makes me want to wait until that happens cause when I die, I want to get right back in there and start at it again, not wait another 3 minutes.  Just pisses me off the more it makes me sit and stew on what I just did lol.

Any helpful/non-spoiley advice though?  Besides how I fucked up by picking the cane, which I just read you guys said, haha.

Doesn't matter, if you find yourself getting stuck you can buy the other weapons from the messengers and swap it out for something else.

Loading screens suck, but that's why you don't die!!1

oh by the way. if you are still having trouble with the button configuration. you can abuse the new PS4 update.

Rebind your buttons through PS4 settings. They will stay that way for anything you do/play. But, if you are playing Bloodborne 99% of the time and REALLY hate the button configuration, there is your workaround.

I'm good now :)