Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

learning curve is pretty steep to start, but i found that it got a little easier as i went. you definitely can (and should) run past stuff if you're just trying to kill a boss though.

its crazy looking at a guide now and seeing how many bosses were optional. there were only 3 or 4 bosses that i got hung up on for a while. i beat a couple first try, and every other one was after 2-3 tries.

tip: always look for shortcuts back to the nearest lantern. it should never take you more than a minute to run from your lantern to the boss room. i also found that some areas in the later stages were pretty crushingly difficult to stand and fight everything. i pushed forward by sprinting past a lot of enemies and found the shortcut back down. then went back through to explore. it's crazy how many areas appeared impossible but weren't really that tough after becoming familiar w/ them.

if cleric is first boss it definitely takes me more than a min. gotta basically start from the beg. and go through the central yharn where all of them are around the fire in the middle. just gotta farm for vitals and bullets. we shall see but it does get annoying replaying the part over and over after so many times.

if cleric is first boss it definitely takes me more than a min. gotta basically start from the beg. and go through the central yharn where all of them are around the fire in the middle. just gotta farm for vitals and bullets. we shall see but it does get annoying replaying the part over and over after so many times.

so you know on the bridge w/ the wolves? there's a house to the left of that. if you go through the house, you'll open a shortcut back to the first lamp and then you don't have to go through the bonfire area ;)

the only way to ever progress is to open shortcuts, otherwise you'll always be running through the same stuff over and over.

For anyone who's beaten it or gotten really far

is there anything else in Cainhurst Castle other than the boss on the roof? I feel like I'm missing something

there's a few armor sets, a gun, and a primary weapon. ALSO, on the roof, wear that crown you get from beating the boss and you'll unlock a hidden cutscene and a whole other area ;) thank rooks for that one, i never would've found it

ok im still at the beasts part. havent gone into battle. i dropped down to the lower area above the rats. i killed the 4 fucks down there. im still looking for that house i stumbled on last time that has a dude in the wheelchair that tries to kill you as well but now that im looking for it i cant find it.

ok im still at the beasts part. havent gone into battle. i dropped down to the lower area above the rats. i killed the 4 fucks down there. im still looking for that house i stumbled on last time that has a dude in the wheelchair that tries to kill you as well but now that im looking for it i cant find it.

That's the house you need to go through to get to the shortcut back to the first lantern.  If you go through the normal way to make it back to the bridge with the two wolve-beasts, the stairs are to the left that lead straight to the house.  A "cheesing" trick to kill both of those things easily is

to run past them, go through the doorway to the house, kill the two guys that are in there on the upper floor, then switch your weapon to long range.  The wolves aren't able to go through the doorway so they'll just be stuck there trying to attack you, but if you stand back far enough and keep attacking with your long-range weapon, you should be able to kill them without taking any damage.

But yeah, after that, go down the stairs and there should be two more guys there (one of them being the guy in the wheelchair but you should be able to ignore him assuming you don't get close enough).  Then go out the door down there and after that it's pretty self explanatory.  You'll come to a gate that was right next to the lantern that you can now open from the side your on.  You should now be good. 

theres that left staircase that takes you to the part where the rats and you can overview the fire in central yharn where you killed everyone.

this other staircase is it before the beasts or what

damn ive seen this place to drop down plenty times before on accident and ive gone down before and ended up behind the beasts and went straight to cleric and now that im looking for it i cant find it.

theres that left staircase that takes you to the part where the rats and you can overview the fire in central yharn where you killed everyone.

this other staircase is it before the beasts or what

damn ive seen this place to drop down plenty times before on accident and ive gone down before and ended up behind the beasts and went straight to cleric and now that im looking for it i cant find it.

When you go the usual way to the two beasts, just run past them into direction of the cleric beast. Just a bit after the two beasts there are stairs on the left side that lead to said house where you can "hide" from them. For me there's always a white-ish person standing on top of these stairs. Just run past that one too down the stairs into the house.

finally ok i ran past the beasts and hauled ass. i opened the gate that was right by the lantern in central yarhn. thanks. i was getting impatient. at least i know the gate is open

stays open right even after i die?

yep, all gates should stay open (for the rest of the game?) once you opened them.... i think, haha