Hail to the Theif Captiol vs. Parlaphone

Emailed Amazon calmly explaining basic reasons for preferring Parlophone over Capitol, and some shoppers probably have the same preference. My main issue stated in inquiry was with Parlophone being listed on the product page, but a Capitol product was received.

Fully refunded and told to keep record. More importantly, CS mentioned my inquiry would be forwarded to higher ups in hopes these listings can be cleaned up.

https://twitter.com/wynams/status/581903732780064769?s=15

Pics aren't great but hopefully you can make out Parlophone on the vinyl and Capitol on the jackets.

Not pictured are capitol on capitols of httt/kid a

did you change the sleeves? or did they come with white paper sleeves?

Do the albums that are Capitol covers but Parlophone records have the info about Warner Bros on the Jacket? I'm wondering if they are new reissues sourced from Warner after the buyout while the double Capitol are old left over stock.

There shouldn't be any association between Capitol and Parlophone now. Universal bought EMI Group, which was the parent company for both Capitol and Parlophone, but Parlophone was passed off to Warner Bros after the fact. So now, Capitol = UMG, Parlophone = WMG. Parlophone was the actual label that signed Radiohead, hence why most listings show that as the label. So if any future represses come out, Capitol will have no imprint on them. This all happened in 2012 so any presses with the association of both Capitol AND Parlophone would be pre- that era.

What he said. Side A has "Faeroesfairislehebrides" in the dead wax only on the good pressing of Kid A (Amnesiac and OK Computer also have their own less weird words on the good pressings)

B-Shannonsolerockallmalin

C- Lundifastnetirishsea

D-Doggerfishergeranbight

In case anyone wants an explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_Forecast

There shouldn't be any association between Capitol and Parlophone now. Universal bought EMI Group, which was the parent company for both Capitol and Parlophone, but Parlophone was passed off to Warner Bros after the fact. So now, Capitol = UMG, Parlophone = WMG. Parlophone was the actual label that signed Radiohead, hence why most listings show that as the label. So if any future represses come out, Capitol will have no imprint on them. This all happened in 2012 so any presses with the association of both Capitol AND Parlophone would be pre- that era.

Maybe, but I doubt that Barnes and Noble were sitting on 3 year old pressings of Radiohead albums. 

I get that, but it still doesn't explain why recent copies of OK Computer have Parlophone vinyl in Capitol jackets.

Do the albums that are Capitol covers but Parlophone records have the info about Warner Bros on the Jacket? I'm wondering if they are new reissues sourced from Warner after the buyout while the double Capitol are old left over stock.

My mixed stuff has only been Capitol + Parlophone ( or Capitol + EMI for more recent stuff) which makes a lot of sense now with the info in posts on last half of previous page.

I only started checking BN.com and retail in 2015, so I can't say for certain. I googled it and August 2014 seems to be consistent first mentions of vinyl sightings at retail.

They still could have bought old stock from someone I suppose.

Would be interesting if someone got an OK Computer from a place like hastings to see what was inside.

My side B of Capitol HTTT is surface noisy. Gets really bad at where you begin. Just listened to CD to make sure. Yuck.

I condemn this side just as strongly as my discogs brethren:http://www.discogs.com/reviews?release=1450558

There are some condition issues I could raise with BN customer service, so I will take a shot at refund.