The Fest 14

Yeah it says that they offer a shuttle in the morning to the downtown area. Is this reliable or do you recommend getting a cab both ways?

You almost never need to do a cab.  They have two shuttles running, generally every 15-20 min.  The ride to downtown takes 10 minutes or so.  Paramount is a great place - I've stayed the last two years and they've been very accommodating towards Festers needs.

Yeah it says that they offer a shuttle in the morning to the downtown area. Is this reliable or do you recommend getting a cab both ways?

A shuttle is there. Although, you need to get there early. There are usually a TON of people in line and the shuttle can only hold so many. Lats year, we split a cab with a couple of Aussies just to make sure we saw Elway. 

Also, the pool party preshow was pretty cool. Pineapple drinks with cheap refills and bands!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Since this is the Gainesville-Related thread I want to share this. Many of us lost a dear friend recently who really shaped the Gainesville scene and well beyond. Travis Fristoe was an earnest and decent human who touched the lives of many. I don't hesitate in making what many would consider an overstatement but it isn't: the Gainesville scene wouldn't be what it is without him. 

Anyway, the point: a GoFundMe is set up for his wife and children. If you ever attended a show he put on, bought a record he put out, enjoyed a zine he wrote - the list is endless - just consider for a second clicking and donating. And if you want to remember him give a read to one of his zines, listen to some Moonraker or Reactionary 3 or just go have a nice conversation with a friend and help or support them in creating some art. 

http://www.gofundme.com/4vrg8jw4?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Today, we are excited to announce that we are bringing VIVA LA LUCHA to PRE-FEST 3 in YBOR and FEST 14 in Gainesville!!! We will set up a ring in a venue and have two hours of of crazy, high flying and ass kickin’ Lucha Libre Wrestlers from the US and MEXICO!!!

Featuring

Willie Mack (PWG/Lucha Underground)

Damian 666 (WCW/AAA/XPW)

Bestia 666 (IWRG)

Lince Dorado (Chikara/Dragon Gate USA/FIP)

Ray Horus (Mexico/Evolve Wresting)

Serpentico (Pale Horse Lucha)

Oraculo (Pale Horse Lucha)

Ultimo Panda (PWR)

Octagoncto (AAA)

… and Tsuki (AAA/WWF)"

Sounds like a good lineup, but I'm not sure how they can top this:

lsOVLoe.jpg?1