The SYNTHWAVE Thread

You cheeky monkey. Normally that would be true, but I have a solid amount of disposable income right now. There are still a bunch of albums that I really want to buy before buying copies of what I already have, especially other Blood Music albums that I still really want to add to my collection.

I got my pink Dangerous Days in today, and like others have said, it's beautiful - the artwork and outer sleeve are gorgeous, the wax itself is a light baby pink with sick matching labels. It sounds seriously fantastic - my copy was dead quiet and the master sounded as crisp as I'd hope from an album like this.

As a bonus on top, Blood Records even shipped my copy carefully with the wax stored separately in the same inner sleeve, so it arrived pristine with no dents, spine splits, or any other defects which are becoming all too common nowadays.

Couldn't be happier with the purchase, which unfortunately has me seriously tempted by those other perturbator presses...

Another great deal, a third party seller has a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon OST up for 12,22 EUR under "used". It says "artwork slightly torn", but I picked one up and it was still sealed and apart from a tiny bend on one corner it was in perfect condition. Not sure if all of them will be in that great a shape, but for this price it might be worth a gamble (comes to 15,62 EUR shipped within EU).

Another great deal, a third party seller has a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon OST up for 12,22 EUR under "used". It says "artwork slightly torn", but I picked one up and it was still sealed and apart from a tiny bend on one corner it was in perfect condition. Not sure if all of them will be in that great a shape, but for this price it might be worth a gamble (comes to 15,62 EUR shipped within EU).

Just bought this, thanks ! :)

Could you post some photos of the bend ?

For anyone who hasn't ordered these yet, Dark Descent has a storewide sale and has 20% off all distro items. They have copies each of the three Perturbator albums pressed to date, including the 3D color variant of I am the Night. Definitely a better deal for stateside folks, though, with media mail available.

http://www.darkdescentrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=perturbator

For anyone who hasn't ordered these yet, Dark Descent has a storewide sale and has 20% off all distro items. They have copies each of the three Perturbator albums pressed to date, including the 3D color variant of I am the Night. Definitely a better deal for stateside folks, though, with media mail available.

http://www.darkdescentrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=perturbator

Not seeing the 3D I Am The Night, must've missed it. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Dan Terminus - The Wrath of Code coming to vinyl next year

12080041_976110105779650_106890085028075

BLAM! Yep, you folks did it. Due to your involvement, Dan Terminus "The Wrath of Code" will be hitting vinyl next year. smile emoticon

As promised to you and Dan himself - if the digital download did well, we'd go to CD. If the CD did well, we'd go to tape. If the tape did well, we'd go to vinyl.
We're talking about an amazing artist whose own Bandcamp self-release flew relatively under the radar (it was in 50 collections after a week). A quick switch onto a label who tried to work it hard, and we're at close to 600 collections on Bandcamp. Huge respect to all of you for hearing in this what I also heard, which is a brilliant young composer at work.
In order to make the label more manageable, I've started doing this with younger acts, and I'm very glad to see the first three experiments with limited releases (Gost, Irreversible Mechanism, and Dan Terminus) all worked out perfectly to eventually hit all formats. This also helps the bands recoup WAY faster - which means we don't overspend on certain formats and lose money in the release.
Thank you for all the support on this release, and I can't wait to get a copy on wax myself.
The vinyl master was already pulled a few weeks ago, and the vinyl plates are currently being cut. wink emoticon