The SYNTHWAVE Thread

Got my Terror 404 GID yesterday... Lots of surface noise, disappointing.

Yeah, my Gost GitD is pretty crackly, but it's only noticeable in quieter parts of the record. Fortunately, there's not many of those on the album so I don't mind.

At the end of the day, I knew I was buying a glow in the dark record, and I new they were infamous for surface noise. I don't mind; it's a cool record that's unlike any other records I own. Will I buy another one? Probably not, but it's cool to have one. 

Posted the last time this was going on and it seemed to help some people out...

Dark Descent has 20% off for today only. They have black copies of I am the Night, Dangerous Days and Gost - Behemoth. Tons of other Blood Music releases as well.

Gost - Behemoth http://www.darkdescentrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=5525

Perturbator - Dangerous Days http://www.darkdescentrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=4834

Perturbator - I am the Night http://www.darkdescentrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=6069

For EU people, I found these cheapest on amazon FR and amazon UK:

Gost - Behemoth

Perturbator - Terror 404

Perturbator - I am the Night

Just got a "preparing shipment" email from blood music for all of them, so if the GIDs end up sub par I'll need backup. Gost comes to roughly 23€ shipped, Perturbators around 29€ shipped.

Yeah, my Gost GitD is pretty crackly, but it's only noticeable in quieter parts of the record.

same. i also remember a blood music post about fixing surface noise on the GITD vinyl, but don't have a Dangerous Days GITD to compare this one to. i won't stop buying the GITD releases because they look awesome, but for me the noise is noticeable enough that i will be grabbing a black or simple colored variant to go with it moving forward.

got my dangerous days picture disc.. and its amazing.  cleaner press than a lot of regular black vinyl pressings.

very please.  I'll give the terror 404 gitd a spin (then a clean on the vpi) and report back.

edit.  gitd is definitely has a bit more surface noise than the red/blue split.  after giving it a thorough wet cleaning it was much improved.. little noise here and there but only in very quiet passages and between tracks... all in all I'd say it was better than expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone in EU received shipping notification for Terror/I am the Night/Gost yet? I got a "preparation in progress" email two weeks ago, nothing after that.

The only thing I've received shipping notification for is I am the Night on Red/Blue (which I haven't received yet)

Still waiting for:

Terror 404 on GITD

Terror 404 on Red/Blue

Gost on Blue Ice

and all the EPs