Paul McCartney's "Sweet Trash Mix" 12"

I was fortunate enough to score one of these at the new Wicker Park Reckless Records in Chicago. I was third in line (a buddy and I got there at 11:45 the night before). Went on social media around 6am and saw that they posted something about a mystery McCartney release, so I added it to the bottom of my list, not really thinking anything of it. Doors opened at 10am and it was pretty well organized, everything was behind the counter, you give your list to an employee and they grab what you want. Once I saw the employee I was dealing with almost done grabbing everything I wanted, I saw him walk up to the owner and then pointed at me. The owner handed me the 12" and said "You better hold on to this and I better not see it on Ebay" (I assured him). A photographer took a picture of me (never asked for my name, so they kind of botched the whole "put it on social media campaign" that went along with this) and I walked out happy with everything I wanted on my list. Now, I've done a little bit of research on this release and I guess it was supposed to be priced at $9.99 or lower, but not to be given away. When I got home, I was curious to see how much it was and took a look at my receipt, it was not on there. Also, is it actually initialed and handwritten by McCartney? It looks to be that way, but I'm not sure? I've also read that it was limited to 100 or 109 and that they did this in England a few weeks prior to RSD. I know that it's two remixes of "Hope for the Future". If anyone has any other information on this release, I would greatly appreciate it! http://imgur.com/XfzTy3V

There has been a lot of speculation about this, and I have put down my thoughts elsewhere. But here they are again.

About a week before RSD, various shops I follow on Twitter kept posting about a limited white label by Macca. Only available in the shop. Several people got them. They are hand written. But I don't know by who.

Then on the RSD thread here someone posted something about an RSD release, hand written by Macca, very limited. People freaked out, got upset that shops were already selling it. I pointed out the white label in shops was NOTHING to do with RSD as they were all legit shops and wouldn't break the rules like that.

My view is that though it is a white label and limited, but not written by Macca and not limited to 100. I could be wrong, but editions of 100 don't crop up as often as this seems to have. It isn't RSD, that much is a given. My suspicious mind says the record label are riding the hype train around RSD and doing this, spreading rumours about 100 copies and who wrote on it. They aren't stupid at all.

Either way, you have something rare, as right now, people are paying stupid amounts on ebay. When the dust settles we shall see. It could be 100 copies, but it just seems to have been around a lot.

I thought from the pictures that were posted the handwriting was all over the place implying it wasn't one person that wrote out the labels (certainly not Sir Paul).

As for the exact number, I don't know if anyone knows for sure other than the label, but I'm thinking the guess of 100 US / 100 UK / 200 Total is probably close.

I'm wondering if now that the hype is going strong we'll see more copies released or if it was a "one time only" thing. If it isn't signed by Paul and they're not numbered there's really no reason they couldn't do 100 more...