Metric - Pagans In Vegas

Was about to preorder this along with a copy of Fantasies, but then I saw that Fantasies was sold out. I hope they restock that otherwise I'll be cursing myself for failing to pick it up while it's in print AGAIN. Regardless, I really dig The Shade and am pretty hopeful for the new album.

I think they had it up on Last Gang a couple weeks ago. It's sold out right now, but might be worth a periodic check: http://lastgang.myshopify.com/collections/music-vinyl/products/metric-fantasies

I feel you, but in all fairness, it includes the band's john-hancocks AND a digital download of the whole album plus like 2 or 3 bonus tracks. It's fairly priced if you take all that into account.

Exactly. I balked at the price too, but then saw that it's more than just a tape. Didn't buy it, but not mad about it.

I missed this. What was it? I may want it...

"The Synthetica Stereo Box originated from a Buenos Aires artist Andres Guerberoff. Emily proposed that Andres and the band come together to create a sort of diorama box that also holds music…THUS THE SYNTHETICA STEREO BOX WAS BORN!

Inside the box there will be the Synthetica CD, a 20 pg booklet w/ mirrored mylar insert, 11x3D photographic slides (one for each song), instruction manual. The 20 booklet contains the photos from a group of architects in the 1960’s who came up with dystopian views on how the future would look, these are the photos that also inspired the whole Synthetica Album!

Only 500 have been made and EACH AND EVERY ONE will be numbered and signed by THE BAND THEMSELVES (is it getting a little bit awesome in here or is it just Metric?! lol). The second I found out about this awesome stereo box I bought one immediately, I have to asmit I am MOST excited about the autographs but how freakin’ cool is this box?"

synthetica-stereobox.png?w=354&h=591c8fd90c6bcb7a95361f49d24385cade5.jpg

Was about to preorder this along with a copy of Fantasies, but then I saw that Fantasies was sold out. I hope they restock that otherwise I'll be cursing myself for failing to pick it up while it's in print AGAIN. Regardless, I really dig The Shade and am pretty hopeful for the new album.

I think they had it up on Last Gang a couple weeks ago. It's sold out right now, but might be worth a periodic check: http://lastgang.myshopify.com/collections/music-vinyl/products/metric-fantasies

Last Gang had 20% off special a couple of months ago and of course I had just ordered a few days before. I contacted them, and they wouldn't give me the discount (4 albums - I know I could have cancelled and reordered), but the point of all this is that he rep gave me a 20% off coupon good for the remainder of this year and said that Lang Gang had planned to repress Fantasies this year (2015).

So, keep an eye on Twitter, etc as I am thinking when they go up, they may not last long. He didn't say how many would be pressed, but Last Gang prices were a lot better than Metric site - and Fantasies was available on their site a couple months ago (but price was steep).

I feel you, but in all fairness, it includes the band's john-hancocks AND a digital download of the whole album plus like 2 or 3 bonus tracks. It's fairly priced if you take all that into account.

Exactly. I balked at the price too, but then saw that it's more than just a tape. Didn't buy it, but not mad about it.

I'm pretty stoked about the signed CS. My wife loves Metric and I have like 10 cassettes, so it' a very welcome addition. Plus it's been touched by Emily...  :wub:

Touche. I kinda really meant... I want it, but I can't afford it.  :D

Emily's voice  :wub:   

Even her falsetto on Waves, love it (I wish it would have made it onto Fantasies)

I hope they put it on the re-press. I also hope its on dark purple vinyl.

Check out the thread I made today for Mr. little Jeans, You'd probably really like it. She has a really good voice too.

I hope they put it on the re-press. I also hope its on dark purple vinyl.

Check out the thread I made today for Mr. little Jeans, You'd probably really like it. She has a really good voice too.

Dark purple would be awesome as well as Waves inclusion!

And thanks the  recommendation - heading over to check it out soon...

edit: Awesome re: Mr. Little Jeans... love those contra-alto voices <3

Also, Last Gang records just tweeted they have Poster Of A Girl 7" back in stock for those interested:

http://lastgang.myshopify.com/products/poster-of-a-girl

$7.00