Metric - Pagans In Vegas

• 1 month later...

If anyone wants the discount code / access to the presale for the Pagans Cassette Set, I don't need mine, PM me and I'll send the code over

http://ilovemetricstore.com/featured/met030007-metric-pagans-in-vegas-time-capsule/

I'm not doing the 'time capsule' thing either. I think my code is still in the Trash bin, not deleted yet - it's $10 of the $70 time capsule. /500 Signed CS and a bunch of trinkets.

I love Metric but I feel like they are getting less good with each album. If I had to list them all in order of most favorite to least favorite it would be the exact same order the albums were released in. I had high hopes for Pagans but after hearing the few songs they released from it I have lost all excitement. Normally I'd be all over that code but I dont even think I'm going to order the vinyl for this one. At least not until I hear the whole thing.

I love Metric but I feel like they are getting less good with each album. If I had to list them all in order of most favorite to least favorite it would be the exact same order the albums were released in. I had high hopes for Pagans but after hearing the few songs they released from it I have lost all excitement. Normally I'd be all over that code but I dont even think I'm going to order the vinyl for this one. At least not until I hear the whole thing.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I just saw them this weekend and the new material just doesn't seem to hold up against the older material. Less guitars and way more synths, but not in a good way.

I saw them a bunch of times when OWU and LIO were released and it's like night and day compared to their shows now.

The time capsule looks alright, but the 3D viewer box thing they did for Synthetica was better (I'm looking for one if anyone is selling BTW). It wouldn't surprise me if they sold out though. Metric fans will still buy it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20942466/metric-pagans-in-vegas-indie-exclusive-coke-bottle-clear-lp-ltd-to-3000

There's a coke bottle clear variant exclusive to indie record stores as well?

Seems like it's a different colour than the clear version I got from the Metric webstore:

11881698_687121244764757_1224659523_n.jp

Also found this Instagram post from a local record store that states it's a run of 3000: https://instagram.com/p/7yVYPPhmEY/

got my /1000 Clear 180gm. Nice look and sound. Lyrics are heavy overall, which is not a bad thing - didn't know what to expect from the album title. It will need some more spins as I'm one of the kooks still hung up on Fantasies.

fwiw -- Grow Up and Blow Away on Blue is surprisingly one of the best sounding pressings of my 800 or so records. They still have them in the Last Gangs store I believe. 

Rep there said that a Fantasies repress is in the future - could not promise by the end  of the year, as they promised me a discount promo code for some past mixups.

fwiw -- Grow Up and Blow Away on Blue is surprisingly one of the best sounding pressings of my 800 or so records. They still have them in the Last Gangs store I believe.

Awww shucks. Looks like I missed it! Reads sold out now.

Edit: Grabbed this. Just spinning it now and... WOW. This sounds fantastic. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just a heads up, they are selling the cassette of this album (as included in the box set) on their tour. So, if you're into it, they'll probably put the rest up online after they finish the next run of tours (Canada, I believe). 

Did they have any other albums for sale at the merch table? Probably gonna see them next week with Death Cab.