PO: Helios - Eingya (FFO: Lights Out Asia, Eluvium, Ulrich Schnauss, downtempo, post-rock)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is no thread for this yet, but since we were talking about 'Yume' and the stretch goal for it, figured we can post info here? (maybe change the OP?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some more details for Helios - Yume

"Keith Kenniff, AKA Helios, will drop Yume on September 11th.

Kenniff has been making music somewhere at the crossroads of post-rock, ambient and downtempo as Helios for years. He has several LPs for Type under his belt, as well as an appearance on Merck, though lately he's been operating via his Unseen Music imprint. Yume is Kenniff's first album since 2012's Moiety, and it was intially announced via a Kickstarter campaign to release it (and a full-length from Mint Julep, Kenniff's project with his wife Hollie) on vinyl.

Yume is reportedly named for the Japanese word for dream, meant to describe Kenniff's approach to electronic music. The press release promises "a warm bed of sounds highlighted by luminous guitar lines, elegant piano work, and... crafted rhythms that are birthed from the multitude of electronic elements." You can stream "Pearls" below.

As promised, the Mint Julep album is on the way, as well as a new EP under Kenniff's alternate alias Goldmund to come via Western Vinyl later in the year."

New song 'Pearl' is streaming now on RA. Sounds phenomenal.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=30350

First track off Yume !

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=30350

No news on the separate Eingya ordering info yet

/stolenthunder

None the less, it's not the "first" track off Yume, it's the second ;)

'Sonora Lac' was released May 18th

https://soundcloud.com/keithkenniff/helios-sonora-lac-new-track

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

email from 9/9

"Since it was added later in the campaign as a "stretch goal", Yume vinyl is at the pressing plant but will ship out later than the CD release. I am getting confirmation from the pressing plant now, but due to demand there's a bit of a wait - I'm expecting December. All vinyl pressing plants in the US are severely backlogged at this point, you all love your vinyl!

For those who ordered the Eingya vinyl re-press; those are scheduled to arrive at my doorstep in October, so they will fall on your doorstep along with the leaves."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in hand as of yesterday.

packing was atrocious but luckily no splits or bends...as have been reported. was just free floating in the mailer.

how does everyones sound? mine is decent, side A is eh but B is nice.

Yeah mine was packaged horribly as well. I wasn't as lucky top and bottom splits on the jacket :(

Received mine as well without damage! 1st track on side A, however has pops/clicks throughout the song, but the rest of the record plays decently. I agree that the sound quality is decent, but there is little surface noise. Hopefully Yume will be a better pressing, but still happy to have this join the collection.

Received mine as well without damage! 1st track on side A, however has pops/clicks throughout the song, but the rest of the record plays decently. I agree that the sound quality is decent, but there is little surface noise. Hopefully Yume will be a better pressing, but still happy to have this join the collection.

same for me on A side track one. as long as Halving The Compass was unscathed, i was fine. Agree, happy to have it for sure.

according to Discogs its /500

Wonder when the extra LP's will show up in Mr Kenniff's online store.

*Oh, wait. Straight from the horse's mouth

The last of the Eingya vinyl re-presses are out the door for Kickstarter backers. For non-Kickstarter folks, there is a very limited stock available from http://www.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/helios-eingya-lp/UNSEEN.007LP.html

Morr will have it soon for shipment to EU/UK. Limited to 100 copies. I will post when they have it available.

Or get it later for 70$ straight through Discogs :rolleyes: