PO: Aziz Ansari - Buried Alive 2xLP (July 10, 2015)

• 1 month later...

I'd love a Bo Burnham release, especially considering half of his material is music!

I wish I understood how Comedy Central Records decide what they put out as digital and what also gets a vinyl release. Bo Burnham's fanbase would totally go for vinyl, and any of the Meltdown Comics, er, comics, would be able to shift good numbers of a limited release. Pete Holmes, Kumail, Hardwick etc. Paul F Tompkins taped a new special in LA a few weeks ago and the show poster would make for an awesome record sleeve.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure CC records has only put out a few. The only ones that come to mind are the first and third Aziz records. I feel like everything else has been licensed out.

Most CC records don't even get CD releases anymore. Just digital MP3/video.

There are tons of albums that would probably move copies that they own. Hedberg, for instance. I assume the only reason the Asiz records are getting pressed is because he really wanted them to.

Comedy Central has put out a decent amount of vinyl, I have most of them. The most recent 2 from Kyle Kinane, Marc Maron and Jim Gaffigan's most recent specials, Matt Brauger's first two albums, Nick Thune's most recent. They started doing vinyl in the past few years due to independent comedy labels like Stand Up! Records and AST gaining popularity. Comedy Central saw an opportunity and jumped on it.

Comedy Central has put out a decent amount of vinyl, I have most of them. The most recent 2 from Kyle Kinane, Marc Maron and Jim Gaffigan's most recent specials, Matt Brauger's first two albums, Nick Thune's most recent. They started doing vinyl in the past few years due to independent comedy labels like Stand Up! Records and AST gaining popularity. Comedy Central saw an opportunity and jumped on it.

You're totally right. I have Nick Thune and Marc Maron. I forgot those were CC. It's definitely a new thing as they used to license all the vinyl releases out to Stand Up!

You're totally right. I have Nick Thune and Marc Maron. I forgot those were CC. It's definitely a new thing as they used to license all the vinyl releases out to Stand Up!

I'm friends with the dude who runs Stand Up! and he wasn't too happy that CC wanted to start doing it in their own. He's still putting out great releases, but stuff like Kinane (he co-released his first album with AST) would've been big for him.

I like buying comedy albums because I like supporting the artist/ comedy label and everyone knows they'd rather put on a record when you're home than listen to mp3s through laptop speakers. That's what we're all here for right?

They're nice to have on the road, audiences will buy them because they usually have a download card to listen to the mp3s, and they have a nice souvenir from the show. I've been looking into a small run of 7"s for that very reason.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure CC records has only put out a few. The only ones that come to mind are the first and third Aziz records. I feel like everything else has been licensed out.

Most CC records don't even get CD releases anymore. Just digital MP3/video.

There are tons of albums that would probably move copies that they own. Hedberg, for instance. I assume the only reason the Asiz records are getting pressed is because he really wanted them to.

I would love for Mitch Hedberg's catalog to get a proper vinyl release. I picture a glorious picture disc collection with some great photos gracing the vinyl. Ah, if only.....

I have Jim Gaffigan's latest, Brian Regan, Dane Cook and Robin Williams on vinyl. Good stuff.