Yeah pretty much, i really hope they explain how the ark kids were able to overthrow the adults in the next season

It was supposed to be a one off season, but it sounds like the ingredients to make a second season are there:

With Charlie Tahan’s character waking up in a rebuilt and seemingly safe town at the end of the finale, it looks and feels like Wayward Pines is perfectly poised for a second season. The numbers are there, the inclination from Fox is there, so are you, Chad and Blake going to head back to Wayward Pines?

M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN: We’re super surprised, excited, humbled by the reaction to Wayward Pines, and I did ask Blake to come over to my house, which he did. We did sit down for a few days, and we talked about all kinds of things, and we both felt very good about our time together. We both made a pact saying if we did decide to do something more here that we would approach it with a very high level of integrity and not let the opportunity dictate it because we’re both happy to walk away.

DEADLINE: Sounds like you are diplomatically saying a Season 2 is in the cards, am I picking that up right?

SHYAMALAN: I’m actually not being diplomatic, I mean, I’m being somewhat diplomatic, but I’m genuinely being as open as I can. The one thing I’m fearful of television is its open-ended nature. I’m such an end backwards kind of filmmaker, storyteller, and that’s what I loved about doing these 10 episodes. I knew where I wanted to go. I knew I wanted the fences to come down. I knew where we were heading for the finale and so we could architecture the 10-episodes in that manner.

So, I am happy to walk away, especially with such a wonderful reaction and all that stuff. But honestly, Blake and I do have an idea.

So I just watched all ten episodes last night after work (haha). I enjoyed most of it, but I wouldn't see why a second season would make any sense. They could either go down the same route they did with the first season or make it go a totally obsolete post-apocalyptic walking dead kinda way. I'd care for neither.

It worked because of the tension and mystery of the first five episodes and not knowing what the heck was going on there. That made for some pretty excellent WTF-moments ('I'm here since 1999, that's two years ago). Knowing the outline and what Wayward Pines is all about, they'd have to come up with a daaamn good storyline to make a second season work.

Really disappointed in this series actually. I thought the books were really well done and the story was so much more compelling. I couldn't take Dillon's character seriously in this show and without all the background and conflict with Hassler it just didn't add the same weight for me. Just my 2 cents. Though it will be interesting to see what they do with a 2nd season and the full new regime change.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...