New Android Discogs App to get vinyl prices, manager your collection, browse database etc.

Hello guys,

I just released a new version 1.0.3 yesterday.  I added the following features that were requested by the users  :

-The Master Release Screen now displays a list of all the versions of this release available

-The app was renamed to MyDiscogs

-Youtube Videos links are now available for all releases !

-Possibility to sort your collection by date added / year / artist / title

-Possibility to search by cat # in advanced Search

-Design of the menu was improved

Hope you'll like it !

Cool man just downloaded it, looking forward to trying it out. The last app I tried only had a hit on about 1/3 of my collection bar-codes, even though searching the website for the bar-codes was almost 100% return rate. Frustrating as hell so I just deleted it. Android has needed a functioning bar-code scanner app for a while, so cheers for stepping up and trying to make one for us. Will be checking in as I get time to play with it. 

Oh and thanks for keeping the permissions minimal. The last app I tried was way too invasive for what it needed. 

I'm having trouble adding releases to my collection. Some releases will have a plus sign in the corner of the album artwork and some don't, but I can't seem to find any difference between those that do and don't. And I make sure I'm not on the master release page. Any idea what in doing wrong?

I'm having trouble adding releases to my collection. Some releases will have a plus sign in the corner of the album artwork and some don't, but I can't seem to find any difference between those that do and don't. And I make sure I'm not on the master release page. Any idea what in doing wrong?

Intesresting... The way it should work is : if you use any search function, you should always see the + sign. Inside your collection when you see a relase the + sign is hidden. There might be some cases I'm not hadnling properly. Do you have a use case where it's hidden and you'd like to see it ?

You are right on the Master Release, you now see a list of Versions but not + sign will be shown since it's not a Release.

Cool man just downloaded it, looking forward to trying it out. The last app I tried only had a hit on about 1/3 of my collection bar-codes, even though searching the website for the bar-codes was almost 100% return rate. Frustrating as hell so I just deleted it. Android has needed a functioning bar-code scanner app for a while, so cheers for stepping up and trying to make one for us. Will be checking in as I get time to play with it. 

Oh and thanks for keeping the permissions minimal. The last app I tried was way too invasive for what it needed. 

For the barcode we depends on Discogs database sometimes the information is missing... If the barcode is not scanning properly then let me know it's my fault :/

Let me know if you see anything else we could add in the app !

Do you have a use case where it's hidden and you'd like to see it?

I was just trying to add Nils Frahm's Wintermusik EP to my collection and could not see the + sign. But, it seems that most of the releases I've looked at wouldn't let me add them. I've only seen the + sign on a few releases that I've looked at, actually. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

I used this app while record shopping. I must say it's a great app. Would be more than happy to pay for a 'pro' version.

Thanks a lot very happy to hear that ;) It's very motivating for us to continue working on it. Please rate the app if you have a minute that would greatly help us to promote the app... I'll add a ad free version soon, it's in the pipe, but first I have to add some essential features that are still missing... 

I was just trying to add Nils Frahm's Wintermusik EP to my collection and could not see the + sign. But, it seems that most of the releases I've looked at wouldn't let me add them. I've only seen the + sign on a few releases that I've looked at, actually. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

That's strange... I can only think about a bug with your phone. What device are you using ?

Now with the latest version 1.0.3 you can differentiate the master  screen from the release screen, with the "versions" section at the end. If you have any screenshot it would be great. androiddiscogs at gmail com. I'm sorry I can't find any use case where it's not displayed :/

Hey guys,

I'd like to do a small poll to know which features you'd like to see in the next version...

Here is a list of suggestion :

1. A way to highlight in the search result / artist page the release that you already own.

2. Collection Management : assign rating / sleeve condition / custom fields

3. Add an In App Paiement to remove the ads

4. Integrate Youtube API directly inside the app, so you can play video while browsing the release

5. Integrate the seller Interface (see your inventory, add listing, list orders, check fees, etc)

6. Don't change anything the app is perfect ;)

Thanks in advance for your feedback...

collection management would be a great addition!

I'm not very interested in the Youtube features, but I would be willing to pay a few bucks to drop the ads.

Next version will have the possibility to rate the release... And no more ads until I find time to implement to in app paiement so good new for you :)

collection management would be a great addition!

I'm not very interested in the Youtube features, but I would be willing to pay a few bucks to drop the ads.

Hello OU818,

The new version is there :

-No more ads (before we find a way to add in app paiement)

-Possibility to rate your release and see your collection rating

-Youtube player integrated inside the app to watch the video while browsing the release page.

Hope you'll like it !

Antoine.

Hello OU818,

The new version is there :

-No more ads (before we find a way to add in app paiement)

-Possibility to rate your release and see your collection rating

-Youtube player integrated inside the app to watch the video while browsing the release page.

Hope you'll like it !

Antoine.

Cool! I'll check it out soon

I paid and use Discollector for Android. Now there's a free app.. Damnit..

If it can help you feel better I can make it a paid app ^^ No but seriously for now I'm more working on the features to make it a cool app, and then I'll put a free app with ads and an option for a few bucks to remove ads.

This is pretty cool, thanks. Like someone else said, not too interested in the New Entries/Additions, so an option to make Collection or Wantlist as the home screen would be nice. 

alright... I'll try to add an option for this soon.

Would really like the ability to swipe the cover art and have it go through the "more images" gallery

yes that's a good point too. For now I only display the main image, but we should be able to see the others images too....

Thanks for your feedback guys ! and don't forget to rate the app / share it if you like it !

I've been using it for a little over a week now. At first, I was having the same trouble as one of the previous users said - I couldn't find the plus symbol on some releases. Then I realized what's going on. If you do a search for an artist or release, you still have to click on the title from the Releases tab. If you go into it through the Artist page, it usually won't work. It's weird that it works that way, but now that I know it's easy enough to do.

The other thing is that releases with multiple artists, e.g., the Feistodon split single, are easy to locate from the webpage, but the app is having trouble locating them. Same thing happened with The Misfits/Lemonheads split.

I'd love for the barcode scan to work better, but I know that's more a function of lack of backend data than any fault of the app. I would appreciate it if the warning that it couldn't find the album that pops up wouldn't do so immediately because sometimes as it does the release shows up on the screen underneath the warning.

I've been using it for a little over a week now. At first, I was having the same trouble as one of the previous users said - I couldn't find the plus symbol on some releases. Then I realized what's going on. If you do a search for an artist or release, you still have to click on the title from the Releases tab. If you go into it through the Artist page, it usually won't work. It's weird that it works that way, but now that I know it's easy enough to do.

The other thing is that releases with multiple artists, e.g., the Feistodon split single, are easy to locate from the webpage, but the app is having trouble locating them. Same thing happened with The Misfits/Lemonheads split.

I'd love for the barcode scan to work better, but I know that's more a function of lack of backend data than any fault of the app. I would appreciate it if the warning that it couldn't find the album that pops up wouldn't do so immediately because sometimes as it does the release shows up on the screen underneath the warning.

Tha'ts correct ! Thanks a lot for spotting for this bug ! Going through the artist page remove the + sign on the release page ! I'll fix that in the next version !

For the warning I'll try to improve that... But I really want the user to understand that it's just a lake of barcode data in discogs database...

From my experience it's often faster to do a text search.

Thanks again for the feedback... I was looking for this issue for a while !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

The new update is available.

-I fixed the bug for the add release to collection button (Thanks serotonein ;)

-You have now an Image slider displaying multiple image for the Release / Artist page

-The market place item are now click-able to link to the market, and the flag of the seller's country is displayed !

Hope you'll like this release !

Antoine.