Bands that autograph on the vinyl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine bands sign records if they're asked to.

I would hope that's the only way that the bands would sign the vinyl...because they were asked to. I'd like to think that most bands would have better sense than to do it themselves without being asked.

Personally, I'm a nerdtastic fanboy and like to get things signed...but to a certain degree...and when it comes to vinyl records, I only have one signed which is the MTB- POI tour edition...and they signed it in the gatefold jacket right under each of their respective silhouettes. (sp?)

I'd never ask a band to sign the vinyl itself. I do play the records. It's not just for show.

There was that Coheed IKSSE:3 signed on the records themselves floating around on eBay...people still bought that shit.

I'm a sucker for autographed stuff, but I don't think I'd ever get the vinyl itself autographed. The only LP I have signed is Against Me!'s "searching..." but otherwise I have shitloads of autographed hockey memorabilia.

Why do I like it? Cuz someone I respect and in some cases grew up idolizing touched it. If that's lame, well then I guess that's what I am!

I got a copy of "Reconstruction Site" by The Weakerthans signed when I met them. It was a great day. I got to see them perform, and had the chance to meet them. They all signed the cover and I have it framed over my desk. The vinyl isn't framed and I still listen to it often (I made a thread about my Weakerthans day awhile back). That was special to me, the fact that all of the guys took the time to write something to me that no one else has.

As for signing the vinyl, I'm sure AM! had someone ask them to do it. Ya, it's stupid, but don't blame the band. I got a few of the guys to sign the cover of "As The Eternal Cowboy" and they never said "drr...shouldn't we sign the actual record?"

i collect hockey and baseball autos. autos of punk bands i see as kinda worthless, since there's almost no chance anyone would ever want it besides their small group of fans. only auto'd things i have a cds from local bands and on from the code, since those bands meant a lot to me and i wanted to remember them that way.

My friend came running over a few months saying "HOLY FUCK, Aaron Wamack signed my Me and Him Call it Us EP". I slapped him and pointed out that other than the 2 of us I doubt anyone in the whole of Europe knows who the fuck he is, shit, if there's 10 people in the world who care I bet that's it.